Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV
(02-06-2022, 09:50 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 08:40 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:50 PM)robkelk Wrote: Refresh my memory, please...

In which forum or talk page thread did we decide to start moving trope descriptions from Trope pages to Category pages? (For example. "Action Girl".)

Because if we never formally decided to do that - if it was just a mod thinking that it should happen - then we should undo it until the Tropers tell us it's okay to do it.

Some tropes are mega tropes for a TON of subtropes and related tropes. Since Category pages have the ability to automatically sort most of that built-in, a lot were moved to the Category pages to take advantage of this built-in MW feature.

MW Category pages are the functional equivalent of TVT index pages (and we do require those due to the layout of a trope wiki). I haven't moved any recently, but they've been fairly effective for the larger categories with many subcategories for sorting, so I'm not inclined to do anything unless we hash out any objections and if we have better alternatives.

That answers "why".

But I didn't ask "why".

For obvious reasons, I don't have a lot of patience with deflection debating tactics at the moment.

Please answer the question that I actually asked. It can be answered with a single URL.

Rob, I don't have a photographic memory, so I cannot recall the exact timestamped moment for you, but I do remember the issue was discussed at one point, either here or on the wiki itself (I believe it originated here, check previous threads). All I can say for sure is that it was discussed and we agreed on the discretionary use of those for certain pages. That was not an attempt at diversion, because I legitimately cannot recall the exact moment.

If you object to this practice, I am not opposed to a review of it for something better. However, it has proven technically useful to our needs and just because the exact cause of it cannot be identified to the exact second for your liking does not mean the issue was not brought up, discussed, and implemented after contemplation, whether or not you specifically remember when this happened. I would respectfully suggest you do not immediately assume the worst of others over a matter that is not clear, it does nothing but stir ill feelings and does nothing to resolve the matter of your inquiry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV - by GethN7 - 02-07-2022, 12:31 AM