Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Lehrer places all his songs into Public Domain
Tom Lehrer places all his songs into Public Domain
I remember/recognize that name only from the Elements song.

Apparently he is much more than that.

As to the topic, I saw this at https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=34024968 and the official website at https://tomlehrersongs.com/ looks to confirm.
----
Web Home
RE: Tom Lehrer places all his songs into Public Domain
personally, the first song of his to come to mind is the Masochism Tango (particularly the videos that set Addams Family clips to the music) ;p
Note that the official website also has copies of An Evening (wasted) With Tom Lehrer, Revisited, That Was The Year That Was, and all three discs of The Remains of Tom Lehrer available for streaming or download (although, as I post this. you have to go to the streaming page for the first disc of The Remains of Tom Lehrer to find a working download link).

EDIT: Oh, and we have to find a place to use this on All The Tropes:

[Image: Elements-Aristotle.jpeg]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
The site takes just 3.6G (wget --mirror result). That is actually overstating things a bit because a number of files come in identical variants due to "?*" suffices in the urls.
----
Web Home
And if you only want the music, that's 568MB of RAR downloads.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Confirmed that his songs for The Electric Company are included (I was specifically looking for "L-Y" and "Silent E"; I didn't know that "N Apostrophe T" was one of his, but I probably should've guessed, and I have no actual memory of "O-U (The Hound Song)"). They were my gateway drug, my pororoca if you will, and if I ever had any regrets, I left them in my other pants.
(12-17-2022, 10:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: EDIT: Oh, and we have to find a place to use this on All The Tropes:

[Image: Elements-Aristotle.jpeg]

"... these were the only ones with which The Avatar would interact, but ev-er-y-thing chay-enged when the Fire Nation ah-ta-acked."
--
‎noli esse culus