Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
--Putin is again rattling the nuclear sabre. Europe responds with a sort of mokusestsu and carries on
--Ukraine begins process to join EU
--Kaliningrad may be about to begin the process of seceeding from Russia
--Russias nuclear rattling has basically locked Europe in place. Easing sanctions opens the door to all the nuclear powers rattling the big stick when they get pissy. Pushing them nudges the doomsday clock a few seconds further
--Rattling the big stick may indicate they have nothing else left in the tank.
--Putin may not all be there. Every photo of him is massively distanced from his staff. He's berating generals in public. Covid has not been kind to him.
--The Russian army is still a shitshow - if you've a good antenna you can even pick them up transmitting in the clear at 7140khz (And a few other shortwave bands)
--They've turned to straight gridsquare removal
--Fresh supplies and armour replenishments continue to flow to the Ukrainian army from Russia.
--Moldova is next. The Belorussian president leaked the battle plan.
--Belarus has joined the match. Or has it?
--Only two people in the world actually seem to want this war.
--Ukraine offers 5,000,000 roubles to every Russian soldier who deserts
--Rouble continues to fall on the international markets - Russias own internal markets daren't open
--There is a massive run on Russian banks
--Russian aircraft have to go the long way around the EU
--Europe's biggest stick is trade, economics and soft power and it's going Whack! Whack! Whack! Bad Russia No Tea.
--The pointy sticks are just sort of sitting there reminding the world that Europe can do that too. But they're not speaking about them.
--The Irish army went looking for its Javelins - but the Olympic committee couldn't find them after the last games.

This is weirdly fucked in the way the Cold War never was. I'd suspect David Weber was writing all this, but we haven't quite had any deep digressions on the different technical differences between various marks of T-72 battle tanks employed by both Russia and Ukraine for the last 50 years - non of which has anything to do with the last Ukrainian pilot locked in pitched aerial combat over Kiev and suddenly it's actually Dracula the fighter pilot.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Dartz - 03-01-2022, 03:31 PM