Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
(03-12-2022, 11:13 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: I too really appreciate your persdpective on these, Dartz! That said...

(03-12-2022, 09:53 AM)Dartz Wrote: --Point of the day "It's worse than a crime, it's a mistake"

... I hope not

[ It's a Mistake music video ]

If you missed the original context, it's a requote of a comment on Napoleon's execution of the Duc d'Enghien.  This one in particular suppressed domestic resistance to Napoleon, but united the monarchies of Europe against him.

I don't have much to say, but
-- Russia bombs 20 km from the Polish border -- a military target at least
-- Moscow Stock Exchange on bank holiday for yet another week.  Another symptom of late capitalism.
-- Anonymous declares war on Russia.  They do not forgive, they do not forget, they do not have day jobs.  Expect flashy but low-value hacks, along with the choicest of memes.
-- Europe still buying Russian gas.  Got fuel to burn, got roads to drive.  Keep on rockin' in the Free World.
-- Ukrainian rail is on a different gauge than Europe, with 5-foot gauge.  So transfers and bogie-exchange take place at the border, though a couple lines continue at Soviet gauge into Europe.
-- Puppet government beginning to take shape in Mariupol.

Will probably have more to say when markets and governments reopen on Monday, since that's kind of my thing.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Labster - 03-13-2022, 04:50 AM