Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
(03-13-2022, 04:42 PM)Labster Wrote: These projects tend to take a long time.  The Baltics are still building their first lines to standard gauge.  Though to be fair, they've still been economically more integrated to Russia than to Europe in the past few years, even as EU members.

Russian gauge is annoyingly close to Standard.  Close enough that you can move the wheels in the carriages -- what Germans did in the last war.  But close enough you could not just add a third rail.  You need four rails, either as a separate track, or as gauntlet track.

And expediting it, while expensive, would be worth it to Eastern Europe, especially with how Russia is acting. Everything that would make a Russian invasion harder to execute would be considered. With Putin in charge of Russia, nothing else would render their nations safer by even the smallest margin.

Also, regarding Tucker Carlson? Useful to the Russians? Yes. Idiot? I'm not so certain. Useful Idiot? I have my doubts. I've a feeling he, and Fox News in general, have been bought, one way or another.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by hazard - 03-13-2022, 09:35 PM