Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
Day 24 - again

--Russia now saying it'll react if Bosnia moves towards NATO - same as it reacted against Ukraine
--The one-note tune continues to play
--Ukraine seems to be having success on counter-attacks
--Belarus may finally be about to join the match. They got people in red armbands
--And their ambassador left Ukraine
--They'll be like that person on a group project who actively makes things worse -- worse than the person who does nothing.
--German has supposedly been delinquent on sending the ,military aid it promised Ukraine
--Well Actually - they've only failed to send one particular kind of launcher that's been in the arsenal since the DDR was a thing
--Japan is pressuring India to take a side. Prefereably the right one
--China is - still making up it's mind. Condemining the US with one hand, saying the situation can't go on with the other, and leaving it's arse-cheeks fairly on either side of the fence.
--Some madlad supposedly shot down a Tochka missile with a Stinger. Internet: 'WTF?'
--If you don't know it's not supposed to do that, you're doing to try and see what it does, I guess.
--Putin is pulling troops from the far east to Belarus. Some are going by boat - the long way
--Trustworthy source -- Russia has lost over 1600 vehicles. >200 tanks
--Potentially untrustworthy source -- Russian casualties may be over 13,000
--Is it normal for this many generals to get killed, as well?
--Russia is using long range guided missiles to hit static Ukrainian targets. They cannot hit mobile items
--Have hit a maintenance hanger, and a barracks - killing at least a hundred soldiers
--Multiple NATO nations - including sensible Denmark - now in favour of Peacekeeping in Ukraine
--Someone called Hannity is quoting Kremlin sources to attack President Biden.
--And Russian Foreign Minister speaking Highley of Fox News in the States
--I thought they banned all the Russian-supported networks?
--An maintainer for an Open Source project slips a little code into the project to put a file on the user's desktop if they're in Belarus or Russia
--Is criticised by the FOSS community for it and may have caused on hell of an unintentional blowback
--Western thermal imaging is making it to Ukraine. Even publically sold items are better than Russian military equipment
--Random anecdote about using the FLIR in my work van. Customer: 'What's that hot thing?' Me: 'Probably a rat'
--Old historical photos - Putin looks like a fascist - while Zalensky looks fabulous
--Russia's trolls are more focused on the BRICS countries - as they may sit on the fence.
--BoJo says West Must not normalise relations with Russia. Stopped clock being right twice a day and all that
--Then goes on to liken Ukraine to Brexit. Over the integral of the entire fucking day, it's still a broken fucking clock.
--Britain has donated a convoy of fire engines to Ukraine
--Lukashenko reassures world Putin in better shape than ever
--Lukashenko probably keenly aware he's likely to be dancing Danny Deevers jig underneath a lampost five minutes after Putin regime ends
--Meanwhile, in Russia, panic-buying has lead to the return of nostalgia for Perestroika and it's long cues
--Old Soviet joke. A man walks into a shop and asks, do you have any meat? No, this is a Fishmongers, we don't have any fish. The butcher down the street doesn't have any meat
--This time, it's over sugar
--Putin wears a E13,000 jacket that looks like something I could get in Pennys for 0.1% of the price
--There's evidence that video of Putin's appearrance in a stadium yesterday copied from en event 2 years ago
--Anti-Russian sentiment now reaching Freedom Fries level of stupidity when Yuri Gagarin gets cancelled
--Russian forces are still grinding forward in Mariupol, to complete the Crimea/East Ukrain link.
--Ukraine is counter-attacking nearly everywhere else
--Russian military pockets run around like headless chickens in response, with no coordination
--Russia is pressing any man of military age in the Donbass into the fight.
--Russia's sole remaining strategic capability seems to be the ability to keep feeding meat into the machinery in the hopes it finally gums up and runs out of ammunition.
--I can't tell if 10% casualties is a lot, or just 'damaged' or what have you. I don't know enough about war. I suppose if you knew any in the 10% you'd consider it a lot.
--Is it just me, or are modern tanks just expensive 3-man coffins? They do nothing but explode
----EDIT - and a post that appearred while I was doing this. Residents of Mariupol being shipped to camps, and then deported to distant parts of Russia
--Did I just read about Concentration Camps?

----

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Dartz - 03-19-2022, 03:09 PM