Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
(03-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Dartz Wrote: --Well Actually - they've only failed to send one particular kind of launcher that's been in the arsenal since the DDR was a thing
I'm reading that as Dance Dance Revolution which still seems comically outdated.

(03-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Dartz Wrote: --Russia is using long range guided missiles to hit static Ukrainian targets. They cannot hit mobile items
Russia is well-prepared to fight WWI again.

(03-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Dartz Wrote: --And Russian Foreign Minister speaking Highley of Fox News in the States
--I thought they banned all the Russian-supported networks?
We have freedom of speech as a constitutional right, so we can't ban them (unless we really want to, but it took six years to force Father Coughlin off the radio).  What we can do is make it difficult for people to get financing.  RT America was killed because it lost distribution contracts that funded it, and sanctions stopped money to replace it.  

(03-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Dartz Wrote: --Is it just me, or are modern tanks just expensive 3-man coffins? They do nothing but explode
They can also be abandoned in back gardens or run out of petrol in the streets.

(03-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Dartz Wrote: ----EDIT - and a post that appearred while I was doing this. Residents of Mariupol being shipped to camps, and then deported to distant parts of Russia
--Did I just read about Concentration Camps?
----

I just read a twitter thread from a freelance journalist that I'll reproduce in full below:
@NeilPHauer Wrote:Something I've noticed over the past week or so here: almost every Ukrainian I spoke to has made it clear that they blame not only Putin, but the average Russian as much (or more) for this war. The view is: we overthrew our corrupt government, and they accept their murderous one.
The amount of animosity from the average Ukrainian towards the average Russian is already huge and growing more with every single new airstrike, every new civilian death. The effects of this war will last for generations.
And I'm saying this from Kharkiv. I think I saw more virulently anti-Russian views here than anywhere else in the country. The sense of betrayal here, of 'how could they possibly do this to *us*', is incredible.
The people we watched crawl out of the rubble today told us their relatives in Moscow didn't believe them. Videos of their destroyed home were met with 'it's a fake' or 'Nazis did it.' *Every* bond between Ukrainians & Russians - familial, cultural, historical - is being broken.
Honestly Kharkiv is crazy. Everything from the center going northwards, just street after street is blown out. Every street littered with glass and burned-out cars and broken buildings.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Labster - 03-19-2022, 03:58 PM