Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
Day 30 of a Three Day War.

--Russia announces that it has completed its primary objective in the East of Ukraine, liberating Donetsk and Luhansk.
--Everything has gone exactly as planned.
--Iraqi Information Minister. ‘I now inform you that you are too far from reality.’
--You’d almost believe it – they have a landbridge to Crimea and it’s where they’ve been ‘reasonably’ successful
--This would mean More than 15,000 Russian soldiers, tankers, parachutists and pilots were consciously expended as a gambit.
--Man, you can almost feel bad for those guys if that’s the case. They were just ground up
--Along with how many civilians in Ukraine. Christ only knows.
--Me thinks they’re trying to save some sort of face.
--In one case, Russian logistics have cost them 8 of 10 tanks with a unit – due to breakdowns and shit.
--Russia and Ukraine both claim 400,000 civilians have been taken to Russia. The only difference is whether they were abducted or evacuated. Somehow, I doubt it’s the latter.
--Russia continues to kidnap local politicians in Kherson.
--Russia claims to have suffered only 1500 fatalities through the whole thing.
--Does that include the Colonel pancaked by a tank driver pissed at how many of his friends were pointlessly killed?
--Russia claims to have killed upwards of 30,000 Ukrainian soldiers – a 22:1 ratio
--Claims to have shot down 35 Bayraktars – twice what Ukraine had. Maybe some were big seagulls?
--Minister Shoigu finally confirmed to have had heart attack - explaining absence for 20 days.
-- Col. Gen. Mikhail Mizintsev is being called the Butcher of Mariupol for ordering the destruction of a hospital. Rumours of his death may be unfortunately exaggerated
-- Lt. Gen. Yakov Rezantsev becomes the 7th General to meet his end inside a month.
--Despite his best efforts, Mariupol still resists.
--City council reports people have begun to die of starvation in the city.
--A Russian journalist in Mariupol, fishing for positive words, gets shown what finger to sit on by the surviving locals.
--According to one Haaretz interview, the Russian preparation was so incompetent and slipshot, with so little cross-communication, the Ukrainian government genuinely believed it to a Bluff
--Not sure if operation Leeroy Jenkins Failed successfully, or successfully failed.
--Depending on the day, and phase of the moon, at least 60% of launched Russian ballistic and cruise missiles failed. Assume this means, failed to kill what they were supposed to, for whatever reason.
--This has to raise a question over Russia’s nuclear arsenal.
--Turns out Russia’s special state of readiness for a few weeks ago involved sending their ballistic submarines out from dock for a spin round the block before docking again a day later.
--While Russia’s enemies might have to assume it’s still functional, can Russia take it as a given that when it Pushes the Button, something will happen. Can it assume its opponents will take it as a given?
--Unreliability changes the calculus of nuclear warfare
--A candidate congress creature from the States has decided to join the Ukrainian military instead.
--President Biden visits the Polish Border to see what’s going on.
--US clarifies yesterday’s statement – it will not respond Chemical weapons if Russia uses Chemical weapons.
--Rumours of antidotes for chemical weapons being issued to Russian troops are still floating around.
--Blatherings about US Bio and Chem weapons in Ukraine are still emanating from China.
--China claims never to have invaded another country or sought a sphere of influence.
--Winne the Pooh is talking out his arse. And probably loving every second of this.
--America compares what’s happening in Ukraine to Tiananmen Square.
--Nobody wants to Talk to Boris Johnson at a European summit.
--Civilians who attempted to rescue Snake Island sailors and were held as POW’s, released as part of POW exchange.
--EU is announcing task force to start to wean off Russian gas, and begin to buy gas as a bloc.
--Greece, Turkey and France to make effort to evacuate Mariupol. Greek Minister for foreign affairs to attend personally.
--Macron also launches a food security initiative to try and minimise the blowback on Africa and the like.
--Kremlin, on being excluded from the G20 --- Nuttin but snakes in dis group anyway.
--Kremlin still doubling down on the Gas Rouble concept.
--Europe: lolnope
--Kremlin insists Bulgaria especially pay in Rubles.
--Bulgaria: lolnope
--Serbia may get left in the cold since their gas moves through Bulgaria
--Kremlin: West has declared total war on us. Claims to still have many friends
--India: Keeps its head down and hopes the good weapons keep flowing
--China: Blathers on like a shitehawk but is doing fuckall to actually help Russia
--Russian Television obsessed with Zalensky not being in Kyiv
--Zalensky addressed the world, running down the list of supporter countries. Ireland earns an ‘almost’ rating.
--Ireland demonstrates its high collective self esteem as major newspapers filled with columns providing inches to explain what this actually meant and how it means we really are doing a lot actually…..
--Better to be seen as a laggard, than as fools who didn’t realise a Javelin wasn’t something thrown in the Olympics. (Or to be forced to fund the military – can’t have that, we can’t)
--The greatest dressing down is reserved for Putin’s European cockholster, Hungarian President Victor Orban
--Putin compares himself to JK Rowling
--One’s clearly gone off the deep end. The other’s President of Russia
--Godwin himself replied to one of Putin’s tweets. You know who this guy reminds me off (A week or two ago – I forgot about this)
--Russian ambassador to France posts pencil-sketch cartoon tweet. Gets diplomatically bitch-slapped by France over it.
--Moscow Newspaper: NOTHING IS HAPPENING. Walk on by. A special operation is underway. No one is growing poor. The economy is growing. (Ooh, Snark)
--Despite penalties – the Russian anti-war movement still exists.
--Russian Government complaining Europe hates Russian culture.
--Not true. I’ve been including Russian jokes in these – rephrased for the modern times.
--Ukrainian civilians play ‘Bayraktar’ to Russian occupiers
--Civil resistance continues. Both violent, and ‘peaceful’
--Russia begins destruction of classroom texts and history books in occupied terrirtories.
--Azov regiment never shaking it’s Nazi image. The Wolfsangel – at least – may have something to do with it. Ukraine insists they’re not ‘that way’ anymore.
--AN-225 Mriya was supposed to fly to Leipzig, the morning of the attack. They ran out of time.
--Videos of captures Russian hardware are getting thin on the ground.
--Was fine when Russia was advancing – it hinted at where the enemy was. Now that Ukraine is beginning to counter-attack, it may reveal where the counterattack is happening.
--Beginning now as small nibbles.
--Led by an impressive fireworks display courtesy of Ukrainian artillery
--VDV soldier still on Hostomel may have inadvertently revealed where they were hiding, while trying to prove they were still hiding
--Bayraktar sends his regards
--Military experts on Russian state television now talk about this special operation lasting 40 years. (Really?)
--Pentagon. Russia no longer has full control of Kherson.
--Russian troops marching to reinforce Kherson with all the enthusiasm of a death row prisoner for the Green mile.
--Reinforcement convoys consist of mostly Loaf vans and civilian vehicles.
--I kind of want a Loaf. It looks cute.
--Has Kherson been liberated?

What remains to be seen?
--Is this the start of the turnaround?
--Will Russia get it’s shit together, or turtle up in the South East and hold on for dear life?
--Will it ever be possible to buy a new Loaf in the West again?

---

This is the final entry.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Dartz - 03-25-2022, 06:11 PM