Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country
That thing in the RIA seems to be either a bad translation, or something written with a whole lot of excessive jargon to make your mind shut down.  I can't tell you which without knowing Russian.  They include fact check statements in there but honestly every paragraph should just have "(Fact check: this is completely wrong and the author should feel bad for writing it.)".

that manifesto Wrote:A particular feature of Nazified Ukraine is its amorphousness and ambivalentness, which allows for the masking of Nazism as a desire to move towards an “independent” and “European” (Western and pro-American) path of development, (in reality - towards degradation), while insisting that Ukraine “doesn’t have any Nazism, only private and singular excesses.”
Ah, sentence structure.  Also, fascism is apparently amorphous and ambivalent?  If you read that essay on Ur-Fascism I posted earlier you'll note that fascism is somewhat amorphic because every society implements it different -- certainly the Italian fascists relation to the monarchy is an example -- but the blackshirts were hardly amorphous.  Also: ambivalent Nazis, lol.  "Jews, meh, whatever."  Meanwhile Russia is finding Jews Nazis behind every corner seems pretty fascist.

I'm not sure if this represents the actual Kremlin position or they're just letting propagandists have a field day here.  But it calls for the "liquidation" of the Ukrainian political class, and after that mass murder is done, also enslave the collaborators (oh sorry they say "engaging them in forced labor to repair destroyed infrastructure as part of their punishment for Nazi activities (for those that wouldn’t be sentenced to death or imprisonment)").  And of course have 25 years of purges.  And integrate Ukraine (which has only ever been a fascist identity) back into Russia, except for the Catholic part in the west which obviously could never be part of Russia and must be continually watched for danger.  Honestly there's a whole lot crazier stuff in there, but there's also big words to make them seem smart.

It also seems to answer the question of will the refugees taken east be allowed to leave Russia.  The answer seems to be "they are all Russian citizens and they can return to their homes in Little Russia when we remove all the Nazis."

There was also the moment yesterday where Zelensky addressed the UN Security Council, and asked where the security was.  His suggestions -- either give Russia the boot, or just dissolve the council.  I mean, sure, why not?  But really, no.  The criticism is valid.  The UN can create security sometimes, usually too late.  But a great power can just do whatever the fuck it wants and veto anything against it.  We have all of the international laws that simply do not apply to five countries.  Maybe we need veto reform.  It worked cool in SMAC when a veto required a second no vote, maybe we can do that?  I realize that the vetoes are just a legal representation of nuclear weapons, but can we really pretend there is such a thing as international law if that's the case?

Anyway, people are slowly starving to death in Mariupol.  Humanitarian corridors turned out to be an April Fools joke.  I'd not be surprised to see 100k civilians killed there in the next few weeks.  Those crematory vans will be awfully busy.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country - by Labster - 04-07-2022, 05:37 AM