Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure.
RE: Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure.
Quote:Minako shot straight upright from her slumped position sprawled in an armchair in her family's sitting room, spilling a dozing Artemis onto the floor with a yelp.
The white cat shook his head to clear it, then looked up to see her staring blankly into the distance, almost quivering with... tension? Excitement? He couldn't tell. "Mina-chan? What's up?"
Minako looked down, turning wide eyes on him. "It's her. It's the sign you told me about. She's calling!"
That got his attention. "What?" Artemis demanded.
"The princess! She's calling us! All the guardians, right now!" She leapt to her feet, spilling Artemis onto the floor. In her hand was the wand she had used for so many months, and as she raised it into the air, she shouted the words that turned her into Sailor V:
Just thought you'd like to know that you have Minako dumping Artemis on the floor twice in this scene with no indication that he climbed back into her lap between them.

Another possible error spotted: When you introduce Makoto, you give her name as Makoto Kino (Western name order, AFAIK, i.e. Makoto is her given name) but most of the other characters appearing in this chapter for the first time are introduced using Japanese name order.

Re: Ami's issues with the Japanese teaching of English, I have an anecdote. When I was in grad school studying computer science, one of my professors was from Japan. He had learned English from a native speaker (a graduate from my alma mater as it happens). As told by one of my American professors, that professor and the Japanese professor had gone to Japan to give a talk. The American professor had been assured that the people he was giving the lecture to knew English, but when he started to speak, he got nothing but blank looks. After some discussion, the Japanese professor agreed to translate for him. So the American professor started talking again, and the Japanese professor repeated the lecture word for word, in English. The students basically went "Aha!" and started taking notes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure. - by Inquisitive Raven - 03-16-2022, 02:02 PM