Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure.
RE: Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure.
Not sure why everyone's being the boke about the "Compatible component detected".  It's a divine staff, so what is that going to bluetooth connect to, but something else divine.  Our choices here are either the Crescent Moon Stick, or the Moroboshi Imperialist Silver Crystal.  I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd bet 25 or 6 to 4 that it's not the other wand, but the crystal is the compatible component, because it attaches itself to the Moon Stick in canon -- the combining allowing her to release raw spiral energy and drill it into Metalia.  Or something like that.  The reveal here is that the Crescent Moon Stick is of the same nature as the Toothpick, and can probably also kill gods.

I'm hoping the Dark Kingdom doesn't get guns.  What if they shoot Luna?  No one wants to get the hole in Sherada.

On the concordance:
>  This is a girl whose parents own a helicopter she can use on short notice, after all...

Are you sure that's not her magical ability, Sailor Heliport?

> House of Louksnae
Seeing PIE reconstructed words without an asterisk in front makes me uncomfortable.  Also wiktionary suggests *louksnā is Proto-Italic, and that the PIE representation is closer to *lówksneh₂.  And that that's still a newer, more poetic synonym for the the older *mḗh₁n̥s, from which we get "moon".  I don't think I would have looked up any of this if I had seen the asterisk in the concordance... Anyway there's nothing wrong with choosing the poetic name -- which probably means something like "a twinkle".

> English was built out of half-syllables
I sort of think of it the other way around, with Japanese being half-syllables, because the language is moraically timed.  I feel like morae are like 65% of the length of an English syllable, but that kind of depends because of syllables varying like "no" and "shrinks".  Even "hey" is two morae in Japanese.  Okay, enough linguistics.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure. - by Labster - 03-20-2022, 04:09 AM