Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Open] Beneath the Ice-Sheets of Antarctica.
[Open] Beneath the Ice-Sheets of Antarctica.
Today's the day to final bring an old idea I had to the table.

-----

to: [Undisclosed recipients]
Date: 01/04/2025
Subj: Our recent charter with the Tsoukalos institute. (Keep this to yourself)

Hi All,.

So, I'm sure you've all heard that Lun was recently charted by Doctor Katsuragi of the Tsoukalos Institute for Extra-Terrestrial Archaeology.  Doctor Katsuragi has been studying the Builder architecture, and has already authoured a number of papers on the ruins of the Arcadian Gate.

While the official announcement is still working its way through the proper channels, I think I can safely share a little preview amongst ourselves. If only because this changes everything

Lun was performing calibration runs over Earth. She detected a Gate Metal signature, which we initially thought was a false positive. A second calibration run with a ten kilogram sample on the lunar surface confirmed the sensors were properly aligned, and that the detection was correct.

There's something under the ice-sheets of Antarctica. And it's something very large, and almost certainly something intact. A basic sounding suggests it's speherical, with a radius of approximately 14 kilometres, with an active Skuldium signature.

Not only is whatever this is intact, but it's drawing sufficient energy off Earth's mantle to provide a strong power signature - detectable from Geosynchronous orbit. We had to be within 10 kilometres to detect the Arcadian wreckage.

Dr. Katsuragi has been encouraged to keep his mouth shut but -  the mundanes are going to have an absolute cat when this gets out and this is always going to get out. We can't exactly sit on this thing forever, can we? Someone is going to leak.

For the time being, I'd like to put together an expedition to go down there and figure out just what the fuck is under that ice - before the planetary gold rush begins and the world powers start tearing themselves apart. Perhaps we can figure out what the hell it was, or is, and what it does?

I've attached an a link to an archive containing Luns findings. Hopefully sharper minds will be able to make something of this. Applications for participants are open - and places are limited. Lun is not a big ship - and if we go down in force we will attract attention.

But this thing could be a new genesis.

-Jet
------

AntarcticFindings.zip

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: [Open] Beneath the Ice-Sheets of Antarctica.
If Alex Xanatos and his buds knew about this they'd probably recommend automated kill-sats aimed at anything approaching Antarctica and an immediate evacuation of all resident scientists.

Others...

Regina Langley and Shinji Ikari: "NOPE! All The Nope!"
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Turns out it's a bunch of fen-lifers going WAY overboard.
to: [Undisclosed recipients]
Date: 02/04/2025
Subj: RE: Our recent charter with the Tsoukalos institute. (Keep this to yourself)

Hi All,

To clarify a few things, I recommend checking the date I sent the first message on Wink

-Jet

-------------------------------

I actually thought it was obvious Jet was taking the piss --- from 'New Genesis', to the location, to Doctor Katsuragi, to the concept of the Tsoukalos Institute of Extra Terrestrial Archaeology. (Even if, amusingly, that would actually serve a purpose in-universe)

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Oh, I realized it right away -- if the date hadn't clued me in, the Katsuragi reference would have done it. Still enjoyed it for both what it was and what it claimed to be.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Hah, hah! Is good joke! Now you go to gulag!

MAL! Bring the Fuzzy Pink Shackles! The GOOD ones!
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein