Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
(05-02-2022, 01:27 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 09:31 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Iloveicecream, that's the name.  And yeah, reading back through his talk page, Crazymonkey sounds quite a bit like him.  I think we need to kick this up to the Stewards for a checkuser against not only CM but also Happybirthday and Troper1.

The editing styles of Crazymonkey and ObstinateOwlbear0 are nearly identical. May as well include Happybirthday and Troper1 at the same time.

Checkuser request made.

(05-03-2022, 12:33 AM)GethN7 Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 02:00 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 09:22 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Looking for opinions on a change queued in Moderation.  This edit by "Japan4Eva" is almost entirely original material except for the new entry for Downer Ending, which is about 90-95% word-for-word from TVT.  How do we want to deal with this?  Approve the edit then delete the infringing material, or reject the entire edit?

I'm tempted to err on the side of caution - reject the edit and explain why.

Same. If they have to plagiarize anything, I'm not inclined to reward them even if the rest is fine. Either they do it all legit or they don't bother.

And this has been done, too.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV - by Bob Schroeck - 05-03-2022, 08:17 AM