Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
(06-26-2022, 09:48 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 09:40 PM)GethN7 Wrote: I'm going to make a proposal. Based on Happybirthday's record (and their previous account), I believe they are more trouble than they are worth, on the basis of known evidence.

I propose every last edit they have made be rejected and they be given one last chance to not test our patience. They fail the test, they are permabanned and all future socks (if any) should get the same treatment). They come off as either incurably hard headed or an attempt at a subtle long-term troll given their feigned ignorance, blatant defiance of our style rules, and socking, and we'd be better off without them IMO.

Any objections to this?

(06-14-2022, 06:12 AM)robkelk Wrote: Well, I promised a tempban if they did it again... and they did it again in their edit to "Properly Paranoid", so I have to follow through.

And we already have a policy of rejecting anything still in the Moderation queue if somebody's tempbanned.

I agree that this user is more trouble than they're worth. I'd support a permanent ban after the current tempban ends.

(06-14-2022, 07:18 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I concur, both on the tempban+last chance and subsequent permaban.

Opinions, please: Judging by the pending edits in the moderation queue, is "ObstinateOwlbear0" the new userID for "Happybirthday"?

If yes, then we have him on ban evasion as well as repeatedly making the same errors.

It's hard to tell with just three samples, but I'll admit it does look like him.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV - by Bob Schroeck - 06-26-2022, 06:08 PM