Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
(09-08-2022, 11:21 AM)Norgarth Wrote: *a bit of searching*
here we go
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...si.659596/
unless you want the chapter in particular that covers it, in which case it;ll take a bit to refine

EDIT: and found 8)
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...t-82011841
Quote:“And If we’re on schedule, Micahel should be having his heroic death about when you reach-”

“Hang on, Michaels what?” I asked as I looked up sharply and refocused immediately on that statement, wondering if I had heard correctly.
Hanse could only possibly mean Micahel Hasek-Davion and the last I had heard from Morgan had been that he was still in secret DMI custody at a secure ‘estate’ about two hundred klicks from here.
Hanse simply tilted his head slightly as if in consideration for answering that (which was bullshit, he wouldn’t have mentioned it if he didn’t intend to tell me) before finally leaning back and gathering his hands in his lap, regarding me for a moment before nodding.

“He’s going in with the 5th Syrtis Fusiliers to Sarna'' Hanse finally admitted and I felt my face turn incredulous, all other concerns pushed to the side as I took in that revelation.

“He’s - Sarna?” I echoed stupidly and Hanse just nodded as I resisted the urge to ask him if he had lost his mind-

“No I haven’t lost my mind,” Hanse assured me, proving yet again I was pretty much an open book to the man as his own gaze now narrowed, but seemingly looking at something distant beyond the room's polished ferrocrete wall. “When we confronted him with the evidence and the implication we were still getting even more in - thanks to Count Vitios spilling - I offered him a straight choice. A very conclusive high treason trial that would damage the Hasek family enormously, or, he could lead the 5th into Sarna and die a hero. In return, I’d spin his treason posthumously as just another part of RAT. A game the two of us played to feed false intelligence to Maximilian. But Micahel wanted to make a personal contribution now and so led his best men into the fight while Morgan ‘minded the store’ on New Sytris…”

“...and he tragically died to see it through, a great hero of the Federation” I finished the thought, feeling a little disquieted at the revelation, looking away as I bit my lip, wondering why the idea made me feel so...dirty?

Looking at the context, I think this is more "Uriah Gambit" than "Give the Villain a Hero's Funeral", in that he isn't dead yet. I could be wrong...

Changing topics, I got the Moderation queue down to four entries, the oldest of which was made the day before yesterday.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV - by robkelk - 09-09-2022, 07:19 AM