Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV
(09-14-2022, 07:35 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Yeah.  My nightmare scenario is someone doing something that causes the Stewards to push the TOS to full-TVT where we can't even acknowledge the existence of NSFW works.  I'm worried that even without someone doing something, they're going to inevitably creep into that territory.

Given how absolutely useless some of our alleged features are as things currently exist -- just try to use typeahead in the search prompt, or expect pop-up link suggestions while editing; you'll be waiting forever -- not to mention the random and all-too-frequent 50* errors, I agree that it's time to start shopping around for a more reliable host.

I've talked to them.  Apparently they're all freaked out by the way a former steward was dismissed by recall; even though that was a special case, no one wants to make any controversial rulings now.  They're also afraid of vote brigades.  So this is a way of forcing the vote on to everyone else before triggering the controversy, so that they can implement the moderation that was already against policy but required an (obvious) judgement call.  (I have told them that the people who are unhappy now will still be unhappy later because that's what moderation is like.)  So really, we should see this as a null policy change, but a vote to actually implement the existing policy.

I hate to admit it, but I now think my original policy was flawed because humans are cowards -- or morons, or otherwise despicable.  Is it really so hard to do the right thing when the vast majority of people support you doing the right thing?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXV - by Labster - 09-14-2022, 05:50 PM