Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incidental Bits 2 - The Comebacks
RE: Incidental Bits 2 - The Comebacks
(10-19-2022, 01:03 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Amusingly, Chisame and Azusa play exactly the same roles in their respective original stories -- both are newcomers with greater technical skill than the older members of the club they join at an all-girls high school. 

In fact, for those who don't know either series, one could strongly argue that Bakuon!! (Chisame's home series) is basically K-On! (Azusa's origin) with the serial numbers filed off and the musical instruments replaced with motorcycles.  The correspondences between characters are so strong that it approaches Refuge in Audacity territory.

EDIT:  Anyway, to answer your question...  Like Arlo Guthrie and "The Motorcycle Song", they're tooling along on their bikes and playing their guitars at the same time...

I've finally watched most of Princess Principal.  And, like, you could have gotten me to watch it much earlier by selling it the right way.  I kept on thinking to myself, "ugh, spy shows -- it's either about confusing betrayal and murder, or implausible coolness and murder."  But what did I get instead?  Oh, it's a caper show.  And underneath, it's another Lupin III clone, except set in steampunk England and with all girls.  But the characters:  Chise is obviously a Goemon clone, an out-of-time samurai who even does the cutting through doors with a sword shtick.  Dorothy makes a passable Fujiko, and Ange definitely has the brooding vibes and uh, queer subtext, that Jigen had.

Oh, and who gets to tell Ange about the Black Lectroids?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
Incidental Bits 2 - The Comebacks - by robkelk - 05-13-2022, 02:41 PM
RE: Incidental Bits 2 - The Comebacks - by Labster - 10-28-2022, 05:22 PM