Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][STORY][Spamfic][ARC 3] From the person who has everything
[IC][STORY][Spamfic][ARC 3] From the person who has everything
Star 
A little something inspired by fan art, set some time down the road, once people are making their ways in the world.

"Remind me again why we're doing this?"

Rei sighed. "Somebody has to do it, Your Royal Highness."

"We have staff! Well-paid staff! Why aren't they doing this?"

"It's because we have staff that we have to be the ones to do this."

Usagi thought about that for a moment. "You've lost me there."

Sometimes, Rei Hino despaired for her queen. This was one of those times. "We're both in charge of planets now, and by agreement you're the face of the Solar System to anybody who wants to deal with people who don't live on Earth. Belldandy save us all."

"Hey! I'm not that bad!"

Rei refused to comment.

"I know I'm the Silver Millennium's top diplomat because of who I am and who I was in my life in the Silver Millennium, Rei. And I also know that you know that that job plus my schoolwork keeps me busy. Too busy to be doing something like this."

"And that's exactly why you're out here doing it."

Usagi blinked as she tried to figure out what Rei was saying. Finally, she said, "You're not making any sense."

"We have money. we have people to do things for us. We can get almost anything that isn't unique just by asking for it and justifying spending tax money on it."

"I don't do that!"

"Neither do I, but we could do that. What we don't have is unlimited time. So the only thing that we can give anybody as a present that means anything..."

"... is our time! Okay, I get it now!"

"Finally!" Rei Hino, Princess Mars, dope-slapped her sovereign ... lightly and playfully. "Now can we get back to cleaning Ami's pool for her?"

"After we finish this break. You know what Kyoko would say if she caught us wasting food, even something like these ice pops."

Rei nodded. "Okay, let's finish our snack, then get back to work."

[Image: usarei-summer.jpg]

(Image source)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [IC][STORY][Spamfic][ARC 3] From the person who has everything
<applause> Very nice. I like.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: [IC][STORY][Spamfic][ARC 3] From the person who has everything
Same. Figures it'd be Rei to teach Usagi this particular lesson. But then, those two have always been the closest. Big Grin