Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utility (conjure mundane clothes) Thrift Shop by Macklemore or cover
utility (conjure mundane clothes) Thrift Shop by Macklemore or cover
le original by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis:

link

Future Sunsets (formerly King the Kid) version with mostly sung lyrics:

link

Now that it's been off the charts for long enough that just hearing the opening bars doesn't induce rage at hearing the damn thing AGAIN, I have begun to appreciate just how fun and upbeat this one is, even in the original spoken word form. I don't remember what Doug's opinion of rap is, but ISTR sung lyrics being a requirement for his power, so I did include the cover version as well. If my memory is spotty (how unexpected  Angel ) in this case, well, perhaps one version does them fancier or as an instant disguise but is only temporary, or something along those lines?

In any case, my idea for the primary effect is that it (at least nominally) transmutes implausibly small amounts of valuable material into large amounts (as in breaking conservation of mass, by enough to have trouble carrying everything at once by the end of the song when starting from one or two pieces of semi-precious stones/metal/etc., an armload of hides or similar trade goods, or a handfull of low-denomination currency) of mundane clothing, in styles that are (mostly) appropriate to the local area in terms of climate and fashion except that they're in cuts and colors that were popular between fifteen and fifty years earlier, and occasionally have a bit of wear and/or a smell to them as if they've been in storage ever since. There will usually also be one or two items in the pile that are glaringly out of current styles and season as well, but not so much that they can't be passed off as quirky and unique, and at worst if their eyes are watering from gaping at your Hawaiian print shirt with neon purple monkeys and yellow bananas on a background of teal green with black circuit diagrams, they weren't looking at your face or paying attention to what you were carrying...

Man, I miss my circuit monkey shirt. I dress like a goth these days in all blacks and greys; a bright accent color piece or two might help raise the mood a little, and really we could all use as much of that as we can get.
--
‎noli esse culus