Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody fed me a straight line...
Somebody fed me a straight line...
Somebody on /r/WritingPrompt fed me a straight line...  For those that don't know, this is a part of reddit where a poster presents a prompt and responders write a short story answering the prompt. The prompt in question was "
[WP] You are a superhero whose powers are based on the music you are listening to. Rock can make you stronger, classical makes you smarter, etc. One day, you're fighting your toughest villain yet, and you are forced to use your "forbidden" playlist." (link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/...e_based_on)

I could not resist leaving a pointer to the Drunkard's Walk page ?
RE: Somebody fed me a straight line...
Heh. The character described in the prompt sounds like Marvel's "DJ", who we have very good reason to think was inspired by Looney Toons (due to me having two 1980s/90s-vintage one-step connections to Marvel Comics, via one of their artists and via Walter and Louise Simonson).

Also, I removed a lot of "size=xxsmall" markup on your original post. Just so you know.

EDIT: Just perused the thread. Not bad. A few of them even sound like they were copying my style from DW. (I wonder how much was a deliberate shoutout and how much was the nature of the beast...) I couldn't find your message, though.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Somebody fed me a straight line...
The joys of posting from my phone… Big Grin
The comment is in there somewhere with one measly vote and no replies,so I’m not surprised you couldn’t find it …