Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
Uh.

Why are we separating Homura from the rest of the Puella Magi?  I get that technically she is a time traveler, but all she did was loop through time.  She had no ability to travel to a predetermined point in time, or any other aside from her designated "start point".  Granted, she does have her time-stop ability, but that doesn't really make her a "Traveler of Time" either.  At best, it makes her a "Time Manipulator", and one that has that one and only one trick, at that.

Also, are we ditching the whole "Karas" thing?
https://theresnothingbetter.miraheze.org...displacees?

I mean, I know that Homura was a lone wolf at the end there, but she still associated closely enough with her original group of friends that I don't see why she wouldn't be in that group.  And if nothing else?  She is still madly in love with Madoka, and once she finds out where Madoka is?  HAH!  You might as well try and stop an earthquake.

(I know people usually use things like "Typhoon" or "Tsunami", but some pedantics out there like to try and think of theoretical ways of "Stopping" these things.  Earthquakes?  No such thing.  They happen, and nothing will keep them from happening, and that is exactly what you have on your hands with Homu-chan.)

Also, using the excuse of "But Madoka is a Goddess" doesn't work.  Because so is Homu-chan.  A dark goddess, yes, but still a goddess nonetheless.

(EDIT: Also, if you're gonna run with the thing that Madoka is going around in nothing but God-Mode Madokami, then Sayaka and Bebe are "dead" and working as Madokami's trusted lieutenants, but Kyoko and Mami are not. It is cannonical that The Law of Cycles can work independently of Madoka. She simply chose not to because she felt leaving Madoka around is too much of a liability - after all, look at what happened before she ascended to godhood!)

Other nitpick:
Why is Setsuna suddenly "curable"?  I thought her issue was that the Malleable Causality System was screwing around with her mind because of how it keeps rewriting causality all the time.  The only way to really "cure" her would be to isolate her from the Metacontinuity by putting her into something like a temporally shielded pocket dimension.

(Which, Washu-chan could do, but she would have to know about it first.  And if Hyoga knows about it?  Then Washu-chan will hear it from her in short order.  And this will nix story telling potential in that you no longer have an element that is making Haruka and Michiru feeling twitchy enough to do something stupid.)

The only other way to "cure" Setsuna is to remove her Time Travel+Time Manipulation abilities.  And again, this removes a potential source of conflict for Haruka and Michiru.

Are you sure you want to play it like this?  Just asking because one of the reasons why I tried to limit Washu-chan's use was to avoid wave-the-magic-wand scenarios because they remove so much story telling potential.

(EDIT2: I know I said I wasn't going to play an active role as a writer anymore, but don't think that means I'm not gonna come by and ask the very same sorts of questions the readers will ask.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Black Aeronaut - 05-19-2022, 03:04 PM