Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
(05-21-2022, 10:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: Either way, Setsuna was out of action because BA said so. And he's asked that we remove his plotlines from the story.

So...

Rob.

I shouldn't have to say this, but there is a difference between a Plot Element and a Story Line.

Plot elements are, in order, Exposition, Inciting Incident, Rising Action or Progressive Complications (sometimes also called "Conflict", "Challenge", "Peak", or "Crisis Moment"), Dilemma, Climax, and Denouement.

The thing that happens to Setsuna?  Whichever you want it to be in particular?  That's an Inciting Incident.  It, in and of itself, does not determine the entire course of a story.  It is merely a part of a plot.  You can use this if you want to.  It's fine.  Just not the entire story line it was a part of.

Another example: Someone wishes for Alicia to be resurrected.  That's a Climax.  Using that on its own is fine - it just won't be Ben making the wish in this case.  More likely, it would be Nanoha, or Fate, or both.  Because along with this, you can also use a relevant Challenge: Marller offers the two a wish.  A wish for what?  Well, you'll have to get creative on that one.  That said, it would set the stage up for the Climax with wishing for Alicia's Resurrection.  But using the Denouement as well - the resurrection itself - is pushing it a bit.  You might want to come up with your own version of that process.  Maybe she has to live as a ghoul for a few months until she fully recovers?  I don't know, but I'm sure you can come up with something workable.

You can use bits and pieces.  You can't use whole story lines.

Am I being clear enough here?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Black Aeronaut - 05-21-2022, 01:38 PM