Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
I wouldn't have put it quite the way that Brent has, but yeah.

I'm not going to go into detail on my thoughts on the matter, but I will say that the primary reason that TNB!Bob and TNB!Peggy have absolutely no powerups (in my notes, in the wiki, anywhere other than idle thought) is because TNB!Ben's unending escalation with new powers gained seemingly hourly made it a joke. TNB!Ben had so much and demanded so much more that there was no point in taking even minor enhancements, not even Washuu-provided healthcare. If we were going to be so outclassed, we might as well be outclassed at baseline, instead of baseline+1.

And when did the story turn into something about the landlords anyway? We were supposed to be a convenient device for deconstructing the SI phenomenon as well as giving the displacees allies and homes. We were supposed to have been (mostly) background features, not main characters. TNB!Ben becoming the Silver Age Superman, ramping up to a level where he could simultaneously depose both Hild and Kami-sama -- this is a violation of the original concept you sold us on. Our SIs weren't supposed to be the protagonists, according to that pitch. Was that a lie? Was the whole purpose of this to get a captive audience to watch while you turned your SI into Twister-Plus? If so, that's not what I signed up for.

You don't need us to write an all-powerful SI whom everyone loves and everyone must love. Just... take your stuff and write it on your own. Brent, Rob and I are going to try to write the story you sold us on, before the bait-and-switch.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Bob Schroeck - 05-22-2022, 09:28 PM