Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
(06-05-2022, 05:04 PM)robkelk Wrote: I've dashed off the start of Garnett's first scene and added it to the wiki for prereading and double-checking that this is the way we intend to take the character.

While I'm waiting for feedback there, I've also done retconning on my SI's first scenelet. Presented for your amusement, and keeping in mind that this will immediately follow a much longer introduction to the setting as a whole that shows much of the sense'o'wunder that's only implied here:

Gosh I hope there's more sense of wonder, because it's like "Second, I met a goddess for the first time, and she did some magic.  Moving on..."  It would be cool to move the ad up to the beginning of the story, because "Are you xenophobic? This is not for you." makes a good first sentence story hook.  

Speaking of boring writing, I have a mostly complete draft of So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe.  There are still some things to do here, including fixing some layout problems.  It will probably never be posted directly to the forums, because the layout is important to the storytelling.

It's not actually a story, it's an in-universe textbook, which is why it's boring.  Or rather, half textbook, half self-help -- in the mold of Derek Bacon's books in Undocumented Features.  But the other point of it is that I think it's most useful to other writers who are thinking of joining, who want an overview of the setting and the kinds of stories they can tell.  Maybe my muse wanted me to write it because we would find ourselves in this situation, or maybe because I just wanted to write something boring.  Don't worry, Tomo wrote in the margins to improve the book and share her boundless wisdom.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Labster - 06-05-2022, 08:13 PM