Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
Every time I read Francis Xavier I'm afraid X-Men are going to show up, and then I'm like, wait, wrong guy.  I do like the buried plots here: a gym where the hot water doesn't work.

What it's missing to me is description of Epsilon.  Either physical, or personal history, or motivation for taking the job.  The Epsilon/Upsilon bit is funny enough for spatula girl (Does he know the woman behind Rho v. Wade?).  What's there seems to work, it's just that other whole pieces of story feel missing, like how people feel on arriving at a new home, or who brought them there, or what do they think of their new rooms, or did Epsilon manage to give the entire tour without Ryoga getting lost even once?  I know your starting point was that thread wondering how displacees would make money, and I know these are not your main residents, but it seems a little too focused on one goal.

Possibly that's fine if we mix it with stories from other residences showing other people react that way; I suppose it could get a little repetitive if every residence had a "oh look here's your room" section.

I've been watching The Addams Family for ideas, since it had been years since I saw reruns.  The crossover with Revolutionary Girl Utena seems perfect sometimes.

GOMEZ (to Fester): It's imperative that [the photograph] capture your character, your strength, your nobility.

Lines like that that go to the heart of Utena.  My first impression is that Anthy is going to love the Mansion: carnivorous plants, a pet octopus, and a conservatory to grow roses in. And a harpsichord for Miki to play.  Touga will be very confused at how people the family doesn't even care about the status games everyone else plays.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Labster - 06-10-2022, 05:11 AM