Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
(07-08-2022, 09:00 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: When I get home.  If not tomorrow, then Sunday.  And one is a simple shout-out, not an entity that ever appeared in the show it references.

You couldn't even let me finish the drive home, could you, Rob? <grin>

EDIT: Pretty much the whole thing is the Mary Tyler Moore Show, yes. The last name "Cronin" comes from the 2000 made-for-tv reunion movie Mary and Rhoda, in which it's revealed that (among other things) Mary Richards married a congressman named Steve Cronin, who died in 1999 in a rock climbing accident. The last name is about the only thing canonical about the MC's Mary (and even then not much so, as in the movie she's Mary Richards-Cronin).

The Shout-Out is "Carlson Media", which refers to WKRP in Cincinnati, but isn't anything that actually appeared in the show.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Bob Schroeck - 07-09-2022, 02:41 PM