Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
(07-16-2022, 10:55 PM)Labster Wrote: Another random thought that I think I should probably get down somewhere:

The competition-grade Angelic Layers (from Angelic Layer) have the ability to create virtual environments for the dolls to fight in.  (In essentially the same way as RWBY's arena for the Vytal festival switches environments.)  I don't feel like they have the technology to make holodecks yet, so I'm going to posit this: it's an optical hologram.  However, because the Layer makes the dolls move, it can also make them act as if they hit an object -- limbs could create a force, and electromagnets could cancel out momentum.  All of that would be really impressive, but only needing technology where I can at least imagine how it could work.

Makes sense to me!

A little more retconning, this time from the day that Blossom hires Maika:

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
November 24, 2016
7:27 pm ET

"Artie, a moment of your time, if you please."

Rob's expression showed he wasn't likely to take no for an answer. And so it was that Artemis and Rob were alone in Rob's office a moment later.

Artemis sat on Rob's desk and played with the computer mouse. "If this is about the maid you hired this afternoon, I already know that she's a sleeper agent for the group that Index-san belongs to."

"That saves us some time. I've already told her that we won't ask her to become a double agent."

"You're tying my paws here with that kind of promise, Rob. But I agree that she wouldn't make a good double agent. Everything in her source material indicates she's a living prop for her brother's cover story, not an agent in her own right. If I hired her, I'd have to train her."

Rob smiled. "So, no harm, no foul?"

"Not this time," Artemis replied. "But I might want to recruit the next spy that we meet, so please don't make that kind of promise again."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by robkelk - 07-17-2022, 08:58 AM