Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
Okay, here's what I've come up with.

Of course, Ichigo (the protagonist of Yumeiro Pâtissière) is in the displacee group, as are her school teammates and the Student Council President... and each human's Sweets Spirit came along for the ride. (In many ways, Sweets Spirits are like the Season(ing) Spirits from A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, except that they are more mature and they have a different purview on Earth.)

In a case of situational irony, they arrived before the Fate/Stay Night displacees, but were not recognized as displacees until after Konata Izumi met them in early 2017 and realized they were from a shojo manga. (Yumeiro Pâtissière ran in Ribon, which is canonically Skuld's favourite manga magazine... but Skuld didn't have any reason to visit Montréal in 2016.)

Ichigo &co. live in cramped quarters behind the shop, Ichigo and Mari in one small bedroom (with bunk-beds), the boys in a slightly larger bedroom (with three-high bunk beds), and a small room with a kitchen counter, five chairs, and a TV to relax in.

Quote:"You have a bathtub?! I've had to make do with showers since we got here!"

EDIT: For folks who haven't seen the anime, Yumeiro Pâtissière routinely ends up on deep-discount special during Sentai's end-of-year sales. Yes, it's an "improbably-skilled junior-high-school students" story... which is why I'm pulling the characters from the end of the sequel anime, which at least puts them in high school.

RE-EDIT: To give an idea of scale (and cuteness), here's fan art of one of the Sweets Spirits that we meet in the story.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by robkelk - 10-09-2022, 09:05 PM