Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bake sales and other fundraisers
RE: [OOC][Arc 1] Bake sales and other fundraisers
Don't forget that at the end of season five, several of the Scoobies are (or appear to be in Anya's case) college-age. Willow (and Oz if he's around and interested) is/are smart enough for full-ride scholarships; the rest, not so much.

Xander doesn't think he's qualified for college. I plan to hire him to help maintain the residence and point him at a local vo-tech in South Philly (if I can't find one closer).

Anya is probably more interested in starting her own business than going to college. I plan to point her, the Takamachis, and anyone else in the residence interested in starting a business at the Women's Opportunities Resource Center, an organization aimed at helping people, especially women, become financially independent. They offer classes in starting and operating small businesses, can put business owners in contact with lawyers and accountants with appropriate specialties, and can help with SBA loan applications.

Oh, I'd considered the possibility of Giles getting a job at U Penn in the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations. If that happens and we can arrange for him to become Tara's and the Summers girls' legal guardian, then Tara and Buffy (if she's alive) would qualify for any discounts offered to faculty offspring.

Throw in Angel and company, and Cordelia and Faith are also college age although Faith would need to get a GED first. Oh, and Faith never murdered anyone in this universe, so she doesn't have a criminal record. Honestly, I'd point her at the Community College of Philadelphia before any four-year institutions anyway.

Momoko: I ran my own business for several years. Why do you think I need a business class?
Raven: That was in Japan.
Momoko: So?
Raven: You'll need to learn about the laws that apply to businesses here and they're probably quite different from the laws in Japan.
Momoko: Oh, that's a good point.

Messages In This Thread
Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 06-08-2022, 04:19 PM
RE: [OOC][Arc 1] Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Inquisitive Raven - 06-10-2022, 11:36 AM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 10-09-2022, 01:07 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 10-17-2023, 02:29 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Vulpis - 10-18-2023, 02:41 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 10-18-2023, 05:22 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Dartz - 10-18-2023, 02:53 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 10-18-2023, 05:19 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Dartz - 10-18-2023, 05:51 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 10-19-2023, 01:13 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by robkelk - 10-18-2023, 08:37 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Labster - 10-18-2023, 08:51 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Dartz - 10-19-2023, 01:12 PM
RE: Bake sales and other fundraisers - by Dartz - 10-19-2023, 03:09 PM