Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One international border dispute solved - without a shot fired
One international border dispute solved - without a shot fired
The Globe and Mail: Canada and Denmark reach settlement over disputed Arctic island, sources say

Apparently, the official announcement is scheduled for tomorrow.

Assuming this happens, the precedent has been set.
* robkelk looks at Russian troops in Ukraine
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: One international border dispute solved - without a shot fired
A border is kind of lame. They should have made it a condominium, like Pheasant Island.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Instead of being a border, it should swap between both countries ever year in an obscure and bizarre changing of the guard ceremony that will continue centuries into the future until it's long forgotten why it all started in the first place --- like a sort of ceremonial war for the dozen tourists and polar bears that bother to make the journey - and the Inuit who probably find the whole thing incredibly stupid as the blank gunfire scares the seals away.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Life Imitates Art, innit?
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."