Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Images tied to Black Aeronaut's overall plotline
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
(01-16-2022, 06:04 AM)Labster Wrote:
Black Aeronaut Wrote:This will have the odd effect of making Vivio, Caro, and Eriol all be "contemporaries".  Eriol may or may not wind up having a full plate on his hands like some of the other boys.  [Image: wink.png]
I think you mean Erio.  Eriol (Hiiragizawa) is Rob's contemporary.  Unless you mean the other Eriol (Ælfwine), who is oddly enough Arturia's contemporary.

Anyway I'm not so hot about bringing in pactio cards, or honestly anything by Ken Akamatsu (though I do wish him luck in his run for a seat in the Diet).  Beyond some of our characters wanting to "pactio" with someone as an excuse to kiss (you know who you are), I can't see the plots we could write.  Unless we want to write a massively-multiplayer harem story.  You know.

I haven't really been around much so I don't have much of a right to say it but: Before we bring new sources in on a "wouldn't it be cool if" thought, stop and ask yourself if it solves some issue in the story already. Or if you have some story to go with the new source.  If it's just a way of making the setting more crossovery without more than a meet-and-greet with more characters, this is hard on both readers and other writers in dealing with the extra complexity.

Right.  Erio.  Forgive me, it's so damn close that even saying that my finger slipped on the keyboard is a valid enough of an excuse.  Tongue

That said, though, I actually had given a bit of thought to the matter.

Consider: TNB - The Next Generation

(IKR? TNB-TNG? WTF?)

But really, it is something serious to consider.

Have you at all considered what a mature version of one of Benjamin's children is going to be cable of?

Benjamin has had his genetics effectively blended with his Masser.  Which means that his Dueterium-Fusor, M-AM Reactor, and Gamma Ray Laser are now all fully inheritable genetic traits.  As well as his super-strength, anti-magic field, and telportation capability.

His children are going to be freakin' demi-gods.

Momowa, for example, I'm planning on having it that she has the Fusor and the M-AM Reactor, but no Laser.  Of course, she doesn't need that.  She's Nanoha's daughter.  The boost she will get from the reactors will grant her an overcharge state that allows her to pull her Mother's "Nuke This Bitch In Particular from GeoSynch Orbit*" trick whenever she damn-well pleases.

So with that in mind, the parental units are going to need to step up their game in order to keep up.  Thus: Pactio Cards to act as power multipliers.  Granted, Benjamin could only really make use of them when he's turned into Yamina, but that will mean that you now have Nanoha at 10x power, and still have a megawatt-scale gamma ray laser in play.

Thoughts?

* Granted, that's not exactly what Nanoha did to Quatro in MSLN StrikerS, but considering she was doing it inside a powerful anti-magic field and shot through god-knows-how-many armored bulkheads to get at that bitch?  Yeah, she can do "Nuke It From Orbit" alright.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by Black Aeronaut - 01-16-2022, 08:55 AM