Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] [OOC][Info][Plot][RFC] Wish List! - Ben's character-specific ideas
[split] [OOC][Info][Plot][RFC] Wish List! - Ben's character-specific ideas
Talking about Dragon Half got me to thinking about dragons in general.

And suddenly I realized there's some characters that would fit our setting like a glove.  Though we run the risk of explodicating a town.  :V

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

EDIT:
OMFG, I just realized something.  Imagine Saitama the One Punch Man next to Kobayashi as something kinda nuts happens.  They'd both have that same "dead fish eyes" expression.

Inspired by this classic meme and the fact that Kobayashi has a tendency to make the same face when confronted by something that does not quite fit in the framework of what's "Normal".

[Image: a49.jpg]
[Image: UgtBR5r.gif]
RE: [OOC][Info][Plot][RFC] Wish List!
So, I'm just now learning about Vtubers. (Yes, I know. I live under a rock. Sue me.)

And a fun idea occurred to me.

What if, in Season 2, the person behind the virtual youtuber... became that character? They would still be themselves, of course... but they would also have the memories, experiences, and tendencies (verbal tics and the such) as their character.

Thoughts?
Well, considering that Summer Glau will be much older than River Tam at this point... *Goes to check real quick* Yeah, Summer will have aged about fourteen years by the time the story kicks off.

Really, we'll have more trouble with the others being mistaken for their actors. At the very least River can be passed off as a really damn-good look-alike who loves playing the character.

Aside:

Your mentioning something along the lines of "We gotta get the Watsonian and Doylist reasons for our characters to have harems right if we're keeping this as deconstruction" gave me an idea for the Watsonian side of things.

Shoko Asami - a veteran reporter and the aunt to Misaki Suzuhara - has been tasked with the most ambitious interview of her life: Benjamin Rhodes, the biggest mover and shaker behind the scenes, killing baddies, saving the girls, and getting all the good guys to network.

The interview would, of course, focus on the most controversial aspects of his life - namely how he is married to so many other girls. Thoughts?
(10-13-2021, 07:19 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 04:27 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Aside:

Your mentioning something along the lines of "We gotta get the Watsonian and Doylist reasons for our characters to have harems right if we're keeping this as deconstruction" gave me an idea for the Watsonian side of things.

Shoko Asami - a veteran reporter and the aunt to Misaki Suzuhara - has been tasked with the most ambitious interview of her life: Benjamin Rhodes, the biggest mover and shaker behind the scenes, killing baddies, saving the girls, and getting all the good guys to network.

The interview would, of course, focus on the most controversial aspects of his life - namely how he is married to so many other girls.  Thoughts?

"The laws of the Juraiian Empire and the Abh aren't the same as our laws, and we do spend a lot of time off-Earth."

Shoko frowned - which was the most she was going to allow herself to show of the annoyance she felt over that answer. "I wasn't asking about the legalities, Mr. Rhodes. I was asking about the interpersonal dynamics. What caused you to fall in love?"

Oh, Ben would know right away that it's not the legalities she's interested in.  If she needs to know about legal stuff, she knows plenty of lawyers she can call on for an expert's opinion.  Shokou Asami is a reporter.  A newsie.

She wants the shit that bleeds.

Benjamin will go in loaded for bear.

"I did not expect you to show up to this interview with one of your children!"

"Well, as we say back home, needs must when the Devil drives.  Her mother had a lot she wanted to catch up on, and no one else was available to care for her.  Besides, it's not like we're live on television here."

"I suppose so... I have to admit, she is gorgeous.  I know this is a bit off script here, but may we know her name, and who her mother is?"

"We named her Kurohime Kaname-Rhodes, and she's Homura's daughter - her first child and my second."

"She let you bring her to this interview?"

"One thing you'll learn about Homura if you ever interview her is that she has absolute faith in me."

"So noted then.  May I ask how old she is?  She seems very young."

"She is.  She’ll be four months old next week."

Implied message received loud and clear: Benjamin is a family man, first, foremost, and forevermore.  100% Dad and certified by Rainbow Dash as being 20% cooler than the rest.  Motivated.  Dedicated.  Educated.

BTW: Benjamin and the others would be biologically 16 at this point... which means they've gotten a very early start on things, but it's mainly because they're rolling like the Jyuraians do - get the kids out early while you still have the energy to keep up with them, and also so you can enjoy the rest of your life.  Besides, there's been some good evidence lately that age isn't the only factor - social status, support from the mother's family, and support from their romantic partner counts for a hell of a lot, too.
Just saw a weird and funky original animation music video.

Near as I can figure?  They use a water park for damned souls to create a goddess of Chill and Good Vibes.

Putting it under a spoiler because of Barbie Doll Nudity.  Which is probably NSFW in most work spaces.  Tongue

I can honestly see this Goddess as having been one of my character's daughters - someone that's just downright sweet, absolutely bubbly...  and a bit crazy in that she's *always* losing her clothes.  (And not even really realizing it most of the time - heck, she's not even doing it on purpose because it's been seen that they just kinda... fall off of her sometimes.  No, really, they do!)

"You sweet and lovable little loon," Benjamin would say to her whenever this happens, and only in the kindest and most loving way possible.  "What on Earth am I gonna do with you?"

And if anyone complains too much, he'd go, "For fuck's sake, dude.  She's just a kid.  I got this handled, so how about you lay off and grow up yourself?"

Complaints to social services will only go so far.  Especially once they're witness to how her clothes just fall off for no apparent reason.

".... How on Earth is that possible?  I mean, I saw it happen, but there's just no way..."

"Well, she's one of mine, so you gotta take these sorts of things with a grain of salt.  Be glad she's not Momowa or Destiny.  You already know *their* reputation for making things explode."

As an adult (and especially after she apotheosized) she's an out-and-out nudist, and her whole thing is a very hippy-like philosophy of being kind to each other.  She's kinda debaucherous like Dionysus was....  except without pushing it to the point of mayhem.  After all, she's all about good vibes.  (And yes, that includes sex.)  She has been notable for reaching into hammer space and handing out drinks, cocktails, weed, and even (for those that *really* need it) the occasional antidepressant or antianxiety pill.

Whatcha think?
RE: [split] [OOC][Info][Plot][RFC] Wish List! - Ben's character-specific ideas
Note: The first two aren't character-specific, but nobody but Ben knows the properties well enough to be able to write them.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown