Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Bannon Found Guilty Of Contempt Of Congress
Steve Bannon Found Guilty Of Contempt Of Congress
So says The Huffington Post.

Quote:Assistant U.S. Attorney Molly Gaston said during closing arguments that the subpoenas were straightforward and that Bannon chose to blow them off.

“Our government only works if people show up. It only works if people play by the rules, and it only works if people are held accountable when they do not,” Gaston said, according to NBC News.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Steve Bannon Found Guilty Of Contempt Of Congress
Now Bannon gets to pay a fine, then earn 10x that amount in speaking fees for being the guy who went to jail for Trump. If not that much, at least enough to buy several layers of shirts to wear.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(07-22-2022, 07:45 PM)Labster Wrote: Now Bannon gets to pay a fine, then earn 10x that amount in speaking fees for being the guy who went to jail for Trump. If not that much, at least enough to buy several layers of shirts to wear.

"Each count of contempt of Congress carries a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in jail, as well as a fine"

And he's gone on TV to talk about his lack of remorse and contempt for the legal system - before the sentencing hearing.
Man found in contempt of congress, freed by contemptible judge.

Guarantee it.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.