Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
American army has made people think war is more like 'Show up, annihilate formal army, get chewed up by nibbling insurgents for long enough that both father and newborn son die in the same conflict, call it 'Mission successful' and fuck off and watch the balloon you've kept inflated with blood and materiel whither and die in moment through the gaping hole yourevacuation has left.

Everyone expected that when Russia tried to roll over Ukraine.

Nobody really knows what true peer-level industrialised war looks like because the modern world order was so damned succesful in keeping Europe from going fucky on itself and it was generally Europeans that started that shit. Two industrialised nations kicking the shit out of each other hasn't happened in a long fucking time.

And grinding through industrialised defences takes a long time and a lot of bodies. Russia's on the defence so even if all the mobik does is absorb a bullet that would've killed a more experienced trooper, he's achieved some value. He is a meat speedbump. Ukraine's successes last year where the Russian army just sort of imploded like a cheap submersible gave everyone false expectations for a sledgehammer victory when the Modern Western Wundewaffles showed up....

Generally, the true effectiveness of Western vehicles hasn't been in their ability to kill --- but in their ability to keep the crew alive when hit so they and their training can be recovered, along with the added experience from getting knocked out. While a Russian tanker's training gets tossed with the turret when the ammorack detonates. The crews love them because they can clamber out, dust themselves off, change their cacks and then tell the other crews what they did wrong and could do better next time. They're better on soft factors like maintenance, repairability, comfort, ease of use and crew surviveability.

It's telling that there're very few Leopards showing up in captivity. I'd expect Russia to be parading a wreck or two if they got them - but they haven't. Which is telling. Tanks are being wrecked in positions Russia is not able to recover them from, but Ukraine is. Recovered tanks can be repaired/stripped for bits and sent back out to the fight.

But real, industrial war is bloody and slow. This is World War 1 level shit.

---

As for Wagner, Russia seems determined to vapourise them and their memory to prevent anything from happening in the aftermate. Their cemetaries are being plouged through and paved over.

They paved wagnerites
And put up a parking lot

Thats just sad.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II - by Dartz - 08-25-2023, 06:24 PM