Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
(10-03-2022, 01:39 PM)Umbire Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 05:16 AM)Labster Wrote: The Pandemic Twenties and uh... the Gay Tens?

Because the hook that was used to generate HideSection has been deprecated, I finally got around to rewriting it.  Of course, it wasn't deprecated in favor of a new hook, it's just going away, so I was able to replicate that with a mess of javascript.  On the up-side, it should now work better if you want a div to span multiple headers (until you start hiding sections... yeah there's only so far I'm willing to go).  In any case let me know there's some feature you want here.

And incidentally, when I said to look at Category:Website, what I really wondered is if we really need all the conservative Wikipedia clones?  The page on eBay is kind of weird too but it's mostly a trope page.  And also some things need split off like Steam and Uplay as content distributors.  Maybe a category like "Online Publisher"?  "Web Store"?

If it exists, y'all trope it I guess - "No Such Thing As Notability" after all.

As to why they got so much disproportionate focus, I'd wager that was an artifact of how things were done after the fork, but before Miraheze. I've noticed artifacts of a conservative bias (a less kind interpretation would be "reactionary") all over the site.

Far as Steam + UPlay, I'd certainly be in favor of Web Store for both; the publishers for those are Valve and Ubisoft respectively.

As for Wikis, if they have a bias of any kind, I say we keep the articles, and mention their biases, but just strip out any language that goes beyond objective reporting of said bias (as in, no condemnation of it nor endorsement). Frankly, it would be nigh impossible to mention RationalWiki in any way without commenting on their generally liberal bias for example, which I would in a detached manner, but I see no reason to not keep them so long as we can keep to a "we report, you decide" rule on the subject of bias. I would also say we should enforce a strict OPOV (Objective Point of View) for all pages on sites of any sort of politically or socially charged bent, and only toss them if they fall completely outside our topic scope.

I also agree we could spin off Steam/Uplay/etc. into a Web Store category.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by GethN7 - 10-03-2022, 10:09 PM