Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
YKTTW question: Below is the text I have for a possible example of I Was Never Here.

Quote:*''[[SpongeBob SquarePants]]'':

**An odd variant occurs in [[SpongeBob SquarePants/Recap/S11/E6 No Pictures Please - Stuck on the Roof|"No Pictures Please"]]: Patrick gives a stranger named Carl a "tour" of Bikini Bottom that incites most of the town's wrath - when they finally corner the two at Patrick's house, Plankton reveals that the camera Carl had been using to take pictures didn't even have any film. Carl confesses that he hadn't been taking picture... and then claims he didn't even have a camera, causing it to vanish. He then claims he's "not even here" and immediately fades from view as everyone looks on, causing them to freak out and run off.

As I typed this up I started to think "you know maybe this isn't an example as described" so I decided I'd bring it here to confirm: Is this an example of the trope as written up or not, and if not, then what trope would it fit? The latter question is the more critical one, given I do plan to sit and read the description proper to make sure I have the right idea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by Umbire - 11-16-2022, 11:41 PM