Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
(11-27-2022, 12:04 PM)robkelk Wrote: I'm not going to approve this entry in the moderation queue, but I'm not going to reject it, either.

Horny wants to undo Carlb's edit because "I feel this paragraph makes the page very dated. These days can quickly change, and in the moment I write it I see several jokes on clean internet about 9/11, so not"

The thing is, I happen to think that the trope is dated, for the reasons that Carlb added to the page. But I'm only one mod.

In this case, I would suggest we err on the side of it in the context of its use in fiction. If it's become a discredited trope for fictional use, we should state why, but otherwise, we should only remove cyclical trope (as many tropes can get a revival later in their usage) data only in exceptional cases, like part of the entry being plagiarized and this being discovered later.

In this case, recent circumstances have discredited its real-world implications, but I consider the trope potentially cyclical in its fictional application, though if the real-world has a direct impact of the use or reluctance to use it in fiction, then I'd let the information tying the former to the latter stand until such time as is determined otherwise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by GethN7 - 11-27-2022, 03:49 PM