Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any WWII experts on the forum?
Are there any WWII experts on the forum?
Question 
I'm wondering exactly what this "WWII American Tank" is. (That particular digital-model store has a deep aversion to actually giving something its real-world name, which is usually justifiable because those are trademarks, but in this case makes no sense because it's a freaking public domain US Government name.)

I expect that there are enough promotional images for somebody who knows his (or her) tanks to be able to identify which kind of tank this is...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Are there any WWII experts on the forum?
I think the most common US tank in WWII was the Sherman, but I'm nowhere near being an expert.
Similar to an Isreali Sherman?. The Gun Mantle is different from a Sherman Firefly.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Isreali? Not something I can use, then.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
M4A3(76)W HVSS Sherman            2,617 produced by Detroit Tank Arsenal from July 1944 through April 1945
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Oh, good - I can use it after all.

Thanks for the help!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown