Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plotbunnies, Pastebin, and Wishlist Thread #2
Plotbunnies, Pastebin, and Wishlist Thread #2
This is the thread for all the ideas that might make a good story or part of a story, but the person who came up with them can't figure out where to use them.

If you post an idea here, the (other) writers will assume that you're giving permission for them to use it.

The pre-retcon version of this thread can be found here.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Plotbunnies, Pastebin, and Wishlist Thread #2
Consolidating a few ideas from this week's writers' chat:

In Atlanta, we have Ange, who claims to be from the Black Lizard planet, and Kohran, who plays a character who fights the Red Lizards.

In Somerset, specifically the Banzai Institute, we have people who have interacted with Black and Red Lectroids.

What happens when they compare notes?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"We've booked the Hotel for the Christmas party?"

"Where?"

"The Nakatomi Plaza"

-----

(Was that in LA - I can't remember. But it's not Christmas until Hans Gruber drops from the 30th floor..... )

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
yeah that was in LA
I meant the party....

"Yeah, we're going to be a little late?"

"Why?"

"Our hotel was just taken over by a group of sophisticated european terrorists."

"WHAT?"

"But it's OK. We met up with this one cop."

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Stealth plotbunny, just added to the wiki page for the explosives expert Frenda Seivelun from A Certain Magical Index

Quote:Considering that ITEM was in Chicago before Shiage, Rikou, and Frenda left for Ottawa, and Meltdowner knew enough to hire Bean Bandit to go after them, it's reasonable to assume ITEM knows the Gunsmith Cats. More specifically, it's reasonable to assume Frenda knows Minnie-May. Be afraid.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Ms. Takino, please teach me about humor, asks Nana Misaka."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I just added a plotbunny to Honami Takase Ambler's wiki page:

Quote:Relationships
Honami has her canon relationships with the other members of Astral, and is getting to know the other displacees at Appartements Mont-Royal Sud. She finds the fact that Rin Tohsaka's voice sounds almost exactly like her own to be disquieting, and wonders what that says about the nature of reality.

Further afield, the residents at Appartements Mont-Royal Sud and Blossom Apartments in Ottawa are interacting with each other, mostly in a positive light... although there's the fact that Mii Konori's voice sounds almost exactly like Rin's and her own to worry about. How many other people share their voice?[1]

Footnotes
[1] Hayate Yagami, for one.

I have no intention to do anything with this - we already know the Doylist explanation that Kana Ueda voiced all four characters, and I don't see how discovering the Watsonian explanation would matter in-story.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Good night, Jaune-boy."

"Good night, Ruby."

"Good night, Jaune-boy."

"Good night, Nora."

"Good night, Jaune-boy!"

"Good night, Yang..."

Kris turned to Eleanor. "I think you shouldn't have shown them The Waltons, mom."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
<literally laughing out loud> Yes, that would happen, wouldn't it?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Just had a thought, but do I want to do this, one way or the other?

We're currently leaning toward the displacees from Lucky Star remaining normal humans. But the Hiiragi twins are miko in canon, and Mikan Katsuragi is also a miko in Rental Magica canon - with the difference that Mikan actually has supernatural power.

Unlock whatever power that Kagami and Tsukasa Hiiragi might have, and train them as supernatural miko? They'd be all defence if Mikan trains them (and the thought of an eight-year-old training two seventeen-year-olds is incongruous on the face of it), but another supernaturally-powered miko, Rei Hino, lives just a couple of hours up the road.

Or leave the Hiiragi twins unpowered and let Kagami get upset that she isn't getting any powers? (Tsukasa doesn't seem the sort to get upset about anything.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Derpy: "I read a story once about how the characters from Lyrical Neighnoha ended up in Fillydelphia..."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Late-May 2017

"No, Absolutely not. I refuse."

"But why not?" Willow asked.

Anya looked at Willow as if she'd gone crazy. "Do I really need to spell it out? How would you react to being told you have to go meet somebody named 'Killer Monster'? And this particular killer monster has powers that are stronger than mine were when I was a vengeance demon."

"Fine," Buffy said, "We won't force you to go meet Sailor Moon. You can stay here and watch the house."

"Thank you!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand."
—Raymond Chandler

Suddenly the door swung open and a man with a gun entered!

"Sosuke! Put that away!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(03-08-2023, 09:46 AM)robkelk Wrote:
Quote:"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand."
—Raymond Chandler

Suddenly the door swung open and a man with a gun entered!

"Sosuke! Put that away!"

*door opens*
"Greetings, I am Wesley Wyndam-Price, and this is my friend, Charles Gunn, who has been shrunken to doll size."
Assuming we're still thinking of adding this group to the refuge...

"Hogwash Academy?" Minako asked.

"Considering the writing quality in the earlier books, some people would say you're right, but their actual name is Hogwarts."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-01-2023, 09:44 AM)robkelk Wrote: Assuming we're still thinking of adding this group to the refuge...

"Hogwash Academy?" Minako asked.

"Considering the writing quality in the earlier books, some people would say you're right, but their actual name is Hogwarts."

I would, for one, be likelier to say that about the later books, written after it became a Cultural Phenomenon (TM) and she attained Protection from Editors.
"Mio Akiyama‎... you have silver eyes."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Something I added to the "recap of the first major story arc" living document on the wiki earlier today:

Quote:The deconstruction of the "school ships" concept is generating multiple unsolvable problems... or, as we call them here, plot hooks.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Using the thread in its pastebin function, not its plotbunny function.

"Which school's style have you been learning, miss?"

"Academy City Close Quarters Combat," Mii told Soun. Seeing his puzzled look, she added, "It's based on Fairbairn System." When she realized that that didn't help either, she added "Defendu?"

Soun finally lost his puzzled look. "Ah! Singapore's most popular combat style. Yes, I'm familiar with it. I believe we can help you progress after all."

EDIT: And then, some time later:

"I don't like hitting girls."

Mii grinned at Ranma. "So I get a free shot at you?"

"Hell, no!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just added a plotbunny to the wiki:

Quote:After reading So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe and its discussion of a karass, Cologne is very worried as to where Happosai turned up in Refuge.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-09-2023, 09:49 AM)robkelk Wrote: Just added a plotbunny to the wiki:

Quote:After reading So You Just Arrived from a Parallel Universe and its discussion of a karass, Cologne is very worried as to where Happosai turned up in Refuge.

I hear Playboy Mansion has a new owner... <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Can't recall if this idea has popped up previously, but since some Displacees arrive with their own home, and getting blended into the local environment, perhaps Manhattan now has a Xanatos Enterprises tower (complete with scottish castle perched atop it).
Gargoyles hasn't been in the project so far, no... if we were to incorporate it, though, they probably wouldn't show up until one of the later acts.
-- Bob

I never saw Gargoyles outside of perhaps an episode or two. I was aging out of the “Disney Afternoon” demographic around the time it premiered.

I don’t get why you’d move a whole castle, anyway. Even when Scrooge McDuck became king of Killmotor Hill, he only brought over the suits of armor from Castle McDuck. And of course it turned out not to be th libertarian paradise he wanted, as these sorts of things normally go. As you can tell, earlier generation.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto