Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 3D resources thread #2
Possible 3D resources thread #2
Old thread is in the attic. I'll look up the link later and edit it in. EDIT: Here it is

tl;dr: "Here's a list of a few thousand items, Pick one for free." I picked this one. It'll fit in just fine at Whirlwind, but don't take it to Pensacola Beach... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Possible 3D resources thread #2
I think I found a better fit for the movie room at Douglass Gardens in today's "70% off" sale: Presentation Room.

Seats 77 in its default configuration... or I can raid it for parts, for a smaller venue.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh, yeah, that would work nicely.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
They had a "buy something that's released today and get five items from a list of thousands for $3 each" deal today. And the released-today batch had something that I can actually use: a lovely set of lace texture/shader sets that can be applied to any fabric, not just clothing. So... five items that list for $20-$25 each ended up in my cart for $3 each, including a scene that, once the "Jazz Corner" sign is removed, looks a lot like that small comedy club out of Kaleido Star, and a school uniform straight out of Tamako Market (which we don't have in the Refuge (yet) but could drop in practically anywhere).

Oh, and the weekly freebie for club members might find its way into the cyberpunk or post-apocalypse world if we're still doing the rosette. If not, well... it's a freebie.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Since it's 85% off this afternoon only, Contemporary Garage will do nicely for Whirlwind's shop floor. Just need to put an office beside it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
We could probably use at least a few of those props for the garage at Kickstand Cottage.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
We could pretend this is all set on a shooting stage and use it for both. Just put up a few different posters and bring in a few different large tools.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Where have I seen this outfit before? Or is it just something with a generic "JRPG elf" feel?

I got it anyway - it was on sale at 60% off, and buying it gave me a discount on a few other things that aren't likely to show up in My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I might not have (chosen) a face, skin, hairdo, or wardrobe for Tomoyo yet, but at least as of today I have her camcorder.

Hmmmmm... Do you think Tomoyo would look good in that outfit I mentioned in the post immediately preceding this one? Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Hey, Ritsu! Want to try a different style of percussion? These were on sale..."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I think I can find a place for this in Rei Hino's apartment... even if I have to knock a wall out and give her a double-sized place.

(Gotta love anything by sugatak - they're always authentic Japanese props or scenes. EDIT: Well, almost always.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
They're giving me this for free. I'm sure we can find a use for it somewhere.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Washuu's lab, maybe?
-- Bob

This outfit's cute... and on a list of "pick three for $1.99 each, today only". So I grabbed it.

Now to decide who gets to wear it. Minako, maybe?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
A little something for Nao, since it's on sale today: Dawless Setup. I worked all my discounts, including the ones that were going to expire today, and got it for 70% off... and paid for it with a gift card that I got for 15% off. I'm not getting something that deeply discounted for at least another month.

("DAW" is short for "Digital Audio Workstation", so going dawless means not using a computer.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:That is known as "a woman's weapon." Unfortunately, it's one I have yet to acquire.
So said Chise in Princess Principal Case 11, when commenting on Dorothy wearing an outfit remarkably similar to this one. (Bonus: I just got it for 75% off list.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
End-of-month sale, and buying City Waterway for $4.19 let me buy some wardrobe textures that I've had on my wishlist for a while for $1.60 each. Using it will have to wait until I have the software installed on the new computer, though - it's a huge environment. (mumble grumble the software's called Daz Studio, not Daz Backlot grumble mumble)

Now, is that waterway in Tokyo or LA?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Judging by the palm trees and the graffiti, LA.
If they're going to sell this to be for $1, I'm sure I can find a use for it. It's the wrong styling for any of the mecha we have in Refuge currently, though.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
They're giving me this for free; I'm sure I can find a use for it. Even if it isn't Olympic-size.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
They couldn't sell this bike to me no matter how deeply they discounted it, so now they're giving it away.

I think it's a stupid design - kick up one rock and you lose your front fork altogether - but somebody might want it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
[Image: 9r4PB7d.gif]

I gotta agree, that is one _weird_ design
...I think I can guarantee the girls in Kickstand Cottage are not going to want to ride that.

Lime might be able to make it work... but I suspect just driving normally would be exceeding its design specifications, and that would be all she could get out of it.
-- Bob

I couldn't justify buying this environment at full price, but it was just on for 90% off after all my discounts. So maybe some place to inkvade in Hawai'i for the Obligatory Beach Episode; we'll just pretend it's from that chapter of Hard Press where Minkao Jinguuji went undercover to get an exposé on a seafood baron. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Normally, I wouldn't even look at a scene that's only one room. Normally, that scene isn't on sale for $3.36. So I guess I can find a use for this living room somewhere.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown