Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
(01-27-2023, 01:58 PM)m available and will be reviewing edits ASAP.Bob Schroeck Wrote: I hate to basically post the same thing every month or two, but other than Rob okaying the recent category changes, am I the only person who's going through the moderation queue?  Family issues have kept me from dedicating any time to it for some two weeks now, and when I looked in on it this morning there were over fifty queued edits with the oldest ones dating back almost three weeks.  Worse, there were edits from at least a half dozen brand new users stuck in there, and they were probably wondering why we were ignoring them.

I've reviewed about half the edits that were queued up as of this morning -- Puterboy1 is not impressing me today -- but that still leaves almost thirty.  Probably more because I got at least one notice of new edits awaiting moderation. 

It would really be nice if someone other than me (and Rob) actually did anything on the mod queue more often than every couple months.  As my recent situation demonstrates, I cannot guarantee that I can be available to go through it every day.  If no one else gives a damn, I'm going to move we abolish moderation and let the spam (and copyright violations, and drive-by posters...) fall where it may.  That would be better than basically throwing new users' edits into the trash, as far as they're concerned.

I apologize, I recently got freed up from personal obligations and will be reviewing the panel ASAP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by GethN7 - 01-27-2023, 04:32 PM