Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
(01-30-2023, 05:38 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 03:33 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Okay, I need a second opinion on a possible case of copyright infringement from TropeyTheWonderDog, who's been dinged twice today for infringement as I go through the mod queue.

In this edit to "Selective Enforcement", he's submitted

Quote:[[Tom and Jerry|''Tom and Jerry'']]: This trope is used as a recurring theme in the shorts that feature Spike. When said shorts open, Spike is generally just doing his own job, minding his own business, until he gets caught up within the titular duo, Tom and Jerry's antics. Even if Spike ''clearly'' sees Jerry causing trouble as well, he will always single Tom out from the duo and places the blame for him, in which Jerry proceeds to [[Exploited Trope|milk for all its worth]] throughout the rest of the short.

The original on TVT reads

Quote:This trope is a recurring theme in Tom and Jerry shorts that feature Spike. When said shorts open, Spike is generally doing his own thing, minding his own business, and gets caught up in Tom and Jerry's antics. Even when Spike clearly sees Jerry causing trouble as well, he always singles out Tom and places all the blame on him, which Jerry proceeds to milk for all its worth throughout the rest of the cartoon.

He's tried to change up things a bit but is it enough?  I know the way I'm leaning, but I want to hear other opinions before I do anything.

Thanks.

I'm leaning no. They should do so "clean room" style to avoid any copyright concerns (i.e. - without using the TVT version for reference at all)

Agreed - that's way too close to what's written where he copied from.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by robkelk - 01-30-2023, 07:07 PM