Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII
(06-14-2023, 08:13 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 03:18 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 09:08 AM)arobkelk Wrote: Just found something else that Flow breaks.

This link is straight off the Recent Changes list. It should show the differences between a discussion that Looney Toons posted to. Instead, it shows the entire discussion without marking what has been changed.

If we do end up migrating the wiki somewhere, can we not use Flow, please? There are plenty of other options for structured talk-page discussions that actually work with the rest of MediaWiki.

Rob, that's an issue with RC, NOT Flow

Flow proper links referencing specific posts look like this:

https://allthetropes.org/w/index.php?tit...q9lxttix1i

The RC reads the talk page like it would a stock talk page, hence the issue you got. The problem is that the RecentChanges links do not account for the fact Flow, in order to avoid page corruption (so things can be reverted to a stock page later with minimal hassle), stores all conversations in a different format in their own database tables, which also makes uninstalling and upgrading much less painful

What you linked is a quirk of sourcing diffs from RC. You need to right click a post on a Flow board topic, get the Permalink, and link that, that will lead to a specific post.

I don't care what it's an issue with. It's broken.

I also don't want the link to the post. I want the link to the diff.

Rob, and I speak with my MediaWiki user hat on, that does not, by any means, mean that MW is broken. At worst, it means, the Flow devs may need to add an alias hook to RC so that proper links to specific posts are made by Recent Changes, but the fact it's not loading the specific link and still brings upon the page proper means that at least the stock behavior for MediaWiki is still working as it should.

If this bothers you still, I suggest filing a ticket with the WMF Phabricator to address this, that would be more helpful to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVII - by GethN7 - 06-15-2023, 03:22 AM