Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oopsie...
Oopsie...
(12-15-2022, 08:30 AM)In My Apartment Manager Is Not an Isekai Character, we Wrote: Chrono asked the ritual question. "Have you decided what to wish for?"

"I have!" Mihoshi suddenly looked completely serious. "I wish for local help for those of us who have found ourselves here, not just me!"

The wish says "local help", not just "help", which means that every residence needs to have a local associated with it. Some of them don't yet.

Residences that follow the spirit and letter of Mihoshi's wish, with a local building manager or advisory board member:
  • 7 Henrietta Street
  • Appartements Mont-Royal Sud
  • Aria House
  • Basin and Range Province
  • Blossom Apartments
  • Club Lofts
  • Douglass Gardens Apartments
  • Gulfside Rest
  • The Masaki residence
  • The Old Dietmeier Place
  • The place in Nova Scotia
  • The Steeple
  • Warehouse 13

Residences that follow the spirit of Mihoshi's wish:
  • Artie's Artery -- once he starts booking bands from Douglass Gardens Apartments
  • Kaleido Stage -- on good terms with Aria House
  • Piffle Enterprises -- on good terms with Blossom Apartments

Residences that don't follow Mihoshi's wish... yet:
  • Addams Mansion
  • Ben Rose House
  • Black Lagoon
  • Callahan's
  • Grand Imperial Theatre
  • Kickstand Cottage

Unsure:
  • The Banzai Institute for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information -- have they made contact with Douglass Gardens Apartments?
  • Live Oak Manor -- does Jenny Everywhere count as "local"?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Oopsie...
Oh, the trouble I caused with one word... <grin> Although by "local" I meant for Mihoshi to mean "from this world". Assuming we don't go for that relaxed a definition, let me think. Hm.

Callahan's is trying to be -- and as far as I know succeeding at being -- unnoticed. Unless the Ultimate Force gets insistent they might dodge this.

We need to discuss the Banzai Institute in general. They've certainly noticed that they're not in 1980s Holland Township any more, but has anyone actually told them what's going on? (First contact with the Celestials would make for a good story...) Once they're in contact with the network they'll almost certainly be pointed at DGA, but I suspect they'll prefer to operate independently.

And Jenny is Everywhere, after all, so she's local wherever she is.

I'll do up a local contact for Kickstand Cottage. He/she/it/them won't live there -- they're just barely avoiding overcrowding as it is -- but they'll be the drop-in neighbor and emergency contact.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(02-02-2023, 01:59 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Callahan's is trying to be -- and as far as I know succeeding at being -- unnoticed.  Unless the Ultimate Force gets insistent they might dodge this.

Or, at worst, they get to hire a local to help ... tend bar, when Mike and Tom are really busy? Then again, if Ryoko's going to be a nightly patron of The Place, they might need somebody to help out.

(02-02-2023, 01:59 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I'll do up a local contact for Kickstand Cottage.  He/she/it/them won't live there -- they're just barely avoiding overcrowding as it is -- but they'll be the drop-in neighbor and emergency contact.

Why, oh why, was the first name I thought of for a next-door neighbour "Gladys Kravitz"? She was across the street, not next door...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Not only no, but Hell, no.

We're saving her for the Stevens family.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....