[Image: cRWePZ0.jpg]
[Image: wcETfEa.jpg]
[Image: 31foUyZ.jpg]
[Image: VgThDv3.jpg]
[Image: 9oxYlWE.jpg]
[Image: 88ALfj8.jpg]
RE: Image thread 25
(02-14-2023, 10:32 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: 31foUyZ.jpg]

Agree on the first one, disagree on the second. If you cut off my constructive criticism, I'll never change. Hugboxes are bad for writing.

(02-14-2023, 10:32 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: 88ALfj8.jpg]

We had almost all of that when I was in high school in the 1970s - we didn't have first-aid or cooking, but cooking was in junior high.

Apparently, it's cheaper to teach to the exam than it is to actually teach skills...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Probably too much insurance liability to do first aid, but yeah I got cooking and sewing as part of a generalized "home economics" in junior high too, early 90s. No actual "how to balance a checkbook (or a budget)" or "how to do taxes" either, despite the name... Apparently my school was just being old fashioned about it, though, as by the time I ended up in dorm life for a while, perching somewhere patching up worn clothes would net three to five incredulous "You can sew?" comments in a couple hours, to the point I eventually just reflexively fired back, "You can't?"

Though since this is the images thread...
[Image: bent.jpg]
This jacket. Duuude.
source has a decent number of free sewing patterns that the site will automagically adjust to provided measurements, from 6x down to doll size. It's pretty cool, actually.
--
‎noli esse culus
[Image: 5UvvG0d.jpg]
[Image: fXXVKCZ.jpg]
[Image: 0MYUtVk.jpg]
[Image: OVIR1we.jpg]
[Image: G2pBHdP.jpg]
[Image: Tmy5arB.jpg]
[Image: bOQMpO0.jpg]
[Image: L1ztQQv.jpg]
I swear most of these are just repeats from the last thread

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(02-15-2023, 12:52 PM)Dartz Wrote: I swear most of these are just repeats from the last thread

Same jokes that were funny once, different presentations.

Like this one:

(02-15-2023, 12:22 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: 0MYUtVk.jpg]

Never mind that the price of eggs has been stable (CA$3.60-3.70/dozen) since May 2022. Apparently, if a joke's worth telling once, it's worth running into the ground long after it hasn't been relevant any more.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(02-15-2023, 02:23 PM)robkelk Wrote: Never mind that the price of eggs has been stable (CA$3.60-3.70/dozen) since May 2022. Apparently, if a joke's worth telling once, it's worth running into the ground long after it hasn't been relevant any more.

No, the price has legitimately skyrocketed.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/APU0000708111

Between inflation, the holidays, and the over 50 million chickens killed by avian flu and cullings, the price has tripled over three years.

Even if only comparing versus May 2022, it was $2.863/dozen in an average American city, compared to $4.823 in January 2023, a 59% increase.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
(02-15-2023, 03:32 PM)Shepherd Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 02:23 PM)robkelk Wrote: Never mind that the price of eggs has been stable (CA$3.60-3.70/dozen) since May 2022. Apparently, if a joke's worth telling once, it's worth running into the ground long after it hasn't been relevant any more.

No, the price has legitimately skyrocketed.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/APU0000708111

Between inflation, the holidays, and the over 50 million chickens killed by avian flu and cullings, the price has tripled over three years.

Even if only comparing versus May 2022, it was $2.863/dozen in an average American city, compared to $4.823 in January 2023, a 59% increase.

I got my numbers from Statistics Canada; they're accurate.

It seems that the USA is the only developed country that doesn't have supply-side controls in agriculture. Your local condition is not a worldwide trend.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(02-15-2023, 07:36 PM)Spoilsport Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 09:14 AM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: m4ghhnB.jpg]

Additional: When written out, you went left to right, then on the next line, right to left, repeat. I tried transliterating some text once, but the switch made my brain woozy.

That's called "boustrophedon", which IIRC means something like "like a plow", for the way a farmer would first go one way then the other when plowing his field. A surprising number of ancient languages did that.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
[Image: LrfSLBE.jpg]
[Image: SHe0sH2.jpg]
[Image: Gb7WEzj.jpg]
[Image: 65Dsmaw.jpg]
[Image: DdfBXdY.jpg]
[Image: KjfZKgg.jpg]
[Image: xkF0qZx.jpg]
[Image: o58NA5Y.jpg]
[Image: 6YYpNJL.png]
[Image: mgJLeP2.jpg]
[Image: gMs18pA.jpg]
[Image: o0MmJEQ.jpg]
[Image: Z6t3VIY.jpg]
[Image: S7VfYaO.jpg]
[Image: ELjtAh2.jpg]
[Image: zEjOF1A.jpg]
[Image: MTz4oxy.jpg]
[Image: nD3B188.jpg]
[Image: 89iLsF9.jpg]
[Image: ovcJbnL.jpg]
[Image: S1GhgU6.jpg]
[Image: vxbKGIR.jpg]
[Image: zpr11ZZ.jpg]
So, how close do orcas in the wild get to the coast, anyway?

[Image: orcas-bc-20230215.jpg]

That close.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(02-15-2023, 09:48 AM)robkelk Wrote: Agree on the first one, disagree on the second. If you cut off my constructive criticism, I'll never change. Hugboxes are bad for writing.

There is a difference between constructive criticism, which is not about things you did not like in the story but about things you think can be improved and how, regardless of whether you liked them or not, and sending unsolicited messages about things you did not like.

(02-16-2023, 11:56 AM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: LrfSLBE.jpg]

Oh that would've been amazing. Elle would've tied up the entire proceeding in knots. Not least of which because she only looks like she is a dumb blonde. She is actually very, very smart, just usually focused on things considered the province of the vapid.
(02-17-2023, 10:52 AM)robkelk Wrote: So, how close do orcas in the wild get to the coast, anyway?

[Image: orcas-bc-20230215.jpg]

That close.

That is not close.

THIS is close:

You can tell the moment it knew its fate was sealed.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Truth in Web Comics:

[Image: paperback-writer.jpg]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
[Image: p4YxODp.png]
[Image: LKp6Ddv.jpg]
[Image: vMbeLVk.jpg]
[Image: idvURza.jpg]
[Image: nRkb1Qp.jpg]
[Image: ntoyRNe.jpg]
[Image: XbPDZAN.jpg]
[Image: 1jV67Kl.jpg]
[Image: kVOQpdg.jpg]
[Image: QIsm5r7.jpg]
[Image: IaGUDw5.jpg]
[Image: sXDilEK.jpg]
[Image: AAcZNxA.jpg]
[Image: BtqBTlx.jpg]
[Image: kDbyXGD.jpg]
[Image: LwZGPOE.jpg]
[Image: 3VBE7kH.jpg]
[Image: As9IAKW.jpg]
[Image: AGJuBPT.jpg]
[Image: lQwUUuO.jpg]
[Image: slpeDZp.jpg]
[Image: uu5nROt.jpg]
[Image: YWiJam7.jpg]
[Image: xINZ1Y0.jpg]
[Image: NhiUngs.jpg]
[Image: MUibEQe.jpg]
[Image: hdbKqKy.jpg]
[Image: IS7Z2ZR.jpg]
[Image: FXYgR46.jpg]
[Image: Ee0G6oc.jpg]
[Image: BmYSnYv.jpg]
[Image: CCq9wmB.jpg]
[Image: KRVOCjb.png]
[Image: o0Qklsj.jpg]
[Image: ZV60QX3.jpg]
[Image: orUE1fH.jpg]
[Image: Ug8dJ04.jpg]
[Image: w8wMlen.jpg]
[Image: IHBzUev.jpg]
[Image: 0fO2swi.jpg]
Irregular Webcomic: Never forget that Alvissa is a bard.

[Image: irreg4927.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
[Image: JLFPStt.jpg]
[Image: 6QJALaT.jpg]
[Image: 038YZuV.jpg]
[Image: vexoEOT.jpg]
[Image: ARAT0xe.jpg]