Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida puts a state commission in charge of the Disney World district
RE: Florida puts a state commission in charge of the Disney World district
Somewhat related...

Forbes: NAACP Issues Travel Advisory For Black Tourists: Do Not Visit Florida

Quote:“Under the leadership of Governor DeSantis, the state of Florida has become hostile to Black Americans and in direct conflict with the democratic ideals that our union was founded upon,” said NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson.

“Please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color,” continues the NAACP statement.

The NAACP advisory comes on the heels of a similar Florida travel warning last week from the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), which has called Florida’s new immigration policies “hostile and dangerous” for Latino travelers.

And an anecdotal bit: Before the Disney/Florida kerfuffle started, almost every bottle of orange juice available for sale in Ottawa had one or another product-of-Florida sticker on it. Now, I can't find those stickers attached to juice here. (Not that I've been hunting for them -- I've switched to apple juice -- but the stickers used to be unmissable.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida puts a state commission in charge of the Disney World district - by robkelk - 05-23-2023, 06:24 PM