Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ideas
RE: My ideas
(03-28-2023, 12:50 PM)Dartz Wrote: Okay. Let me summarise

Libertarian on some level.
Capitalist on some level.
Not a happy bunch?
Stories about unethical experiments. (Which either don't exist, or are quietly being scuppered)
Secret Societies.
Intriguing plans nobody knows about.

An unacknowledged free-agent skunkworks for the Elon Musk's of the world to test new technology in a place far away from where it would 'Fraak the mundanes', or far away from where the consequences could catch up with them? Or, where the usual scientific ethics apply? (So many dead monkeys, Elon.... soooo many dead monkeys)

Pretty much. Although about the ethics, how good their plans are, and how linked they are to Danes, I will leave that to other writers to explore. And Infinities to explore other possibilities that don't become canon.

I have another question. So, how are handwavium ships assembled again? That part of the setting kind of confused me, even though it's arguably the most important aspect. I know any vehicle that's roughly car-sized, and even a whole-ass patch of land, could become "ship-ized".

I also understand fen want to make cool spaceships, which is why many of them look distinctive. But I think another question of why make spaceships when you could buy scrapped boats or something should be answered in a less ambiguous way, even if it's kind of obvious (a lot of fen want nothing to do with Dane economies)?

How do they fight too? Is it like soft sci-fi battles, only with projectile weapons that aren't waved? Or hard sci-fi ones where you are better off having guns that point in the same direction as the engine, everyone has to do weird 360 degree movements to lock onto targets from many, many kilometers away, and the computer systems firing have to factor in the distance of the ship to any gravity wells?

Messages In This Thread
My ideas - by ModularMansion - 03-26-2023, 03:06 PM
RE: My ideas - by Dartz - 03-27-2023, 05:00 PM
RE: My ideas - by ModularMansion - 03-28-2023, 07:55 AM
RE: My ideas - by Dartz - 03-28-2023, 12:50 PM
RE: My ideas - by ModularMansion - 03-28-2023, 05:13 PM
RE: My ideas - by robkelk - 03-28-2023, 06:48 PM
RE: My ideas - by Bob Schroeck - 03-29-2023, 07:36 AM
RE: My ideas - by Proginoskes - 06-18-2023, 09:53 AM
RE: My ideas - by Norgarth - 03-28-2023, 08:32 PM
RE: My ideas - by Dartz - 05-01-2023, 09:17 AM