Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelion Timeline
Evangelion Timeline
If I recall correctly, there was one put forward at one time, but for the life of me I can't remember where... chalk it up to the ephemera of the web.
I do know that Israfel (the twin angel) took place in August 2015, although the calendar shown was from 1995.
Most people say that EVA starts after Shinji's 14th birthday, which was June 6, 2015.
Most of the in-series timeline winds up hinging on the date of Israfel, since the eternal summer of post-Second Impact earth plays merry havoc with normal time cues. There is however a timeline for events in general, starting in 1999 in "The Red Cross Book," one of the deluxe goodies given to the first few thousand viewers of the movie...
Also, apparently Anno had intentionally made it difficult to get all fanboy precise about the chronology of EVA, by removing most of the time markers. There was supposed to be a birthday party for Shinji during episode four that was excised for that very reason.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll