Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc holiday greetings 2023
Misc holiday greetings 2023
Happy Canada Day, to all our friends up yonder!
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: Misc holiday greetings 2023
Thank you!

It's an... interesting... day, in that Newfoundlanders commemorate the loss of over 2000 men in the Battle of the Somme, and Chinese Canadians mark the implementation of the Chinese Exclusion Act. But at least we have fireworks. (looks at the burn bans in place this year, to try to ease the air pollution that's mainly from forest fires) No, maybe we don't have fireworks, either.

But I think that Stitch would call us "broken but still good". We're getting better at admitting we did some bad things and we're trying to make things better... and that is something worth celebrating.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Well, people have been setting off fireworks in the neighborhood here for sevral days already, despite being illegal without a licensed and heavily insured pyrotechnics business - not that that ever gets enforced unless there's significant fire risk, or as an afterthought charge to throw on the pile when the popo get involved for some other reason. It's been rainy at least part of the day every day for over a week, so that isn't a problem, and I'd gladly have recommended sending some of that your way if anyone had thought to ask me Tongue

With it being the closest Saturday to the 4th, I think the town display is going off right now in the war memorial park crosslots from our house, or possibly the inactive former cornfield adjacent. It's been 20 minutes already, so if my poor wee doggie was still alive she'd have been wrapped around my neck and shaking in terror by now.
--
‎noli esse culus
And now our turn in 'Murrica; happy Independence Day! The most 'Murrica Fuck Yeah day of the year! Just, you know, be safe about it.
--
‎noli esse culus
Being able to celebrate together on the Fourth of July, ignoring people's backgrounds, is one of the things that makes America great. Happy Independence Day, everybody south of our shared border and in Alaska!
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Some may be inclined to complain about the heavy rain all day, only tapering off and clearing up in time for sunset and stioll leaving a ground-hugging fog, having ruined the traditional barbecue party scene. I'm just glad it means less people were inclined to be drinking all afternoon and that the ground and trees are very wet, as in now about three hours of constant fireworks exploding from all directions, I have not heard a single fire or ambulance siren. Hooray!
--
‎noli esse culus