Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An album of Police covers
An album of Police covers
uSpud musician Stewart Copeland has done a full album of Police songs arranged for orchestra and female vocals, making them available on an official official playlist. Quality is pretty good, and I'm sure there's at least a few of the originals in Doug's repertoire already, to adapt some variations of with the new performance. (wasn't Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic what he used to turn Lisa Vanette into Sailor Loon the first time? Maybe it'll work for a different girl, or different power set, with the new one...)

Hm, and has he tried sending letters home with Message In Bottle? It sounds like as good a possibility of any if it didn't have any preexisting effect. It might be more likely to turn into something like that mnaga or LN or whatever it is about an issekai protagonist chatroom given the last verse, but worth a try Wink
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: An album of Police covers
(07-07-2023, 01:19 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: that mnaga or LN or whatever it is about an issekai protagonist chatroom

The original Ruiner tells me Hero Union BBS started as a web novel, then was printed as an LN and adapted as a manga. Now you know, and knowing (as you may already be tired of me saying) is half the Mandatory Educational Content Segment.
Quote: (wasn't Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic what he used to turn Lisa Vanette into Sailor Loon the first time?
no, it was Invisible Touch by Genesis. Though I could see your suggestion acting as a trigger as well.

Speaking of covers, have any of you heard about the Dolly Parton album due out in November? Rockstar features Dolly collaborating with quite a few different rock stars on a variety of rock covers (and a few original songs)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_(...ton_album)

examples include a cover of Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (performed with Elton John), Every Breath You Take (featuring Sting), Purple Rain, and We Are the Champions. 30 songs in all.
(07-07-2023, 01:19 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: (wasn't Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic what he used to turn Lisa Vanette into Sailor Loon the first time? Maybe it'll work for a different girl, or different power set, with the new one...)

IIRC, "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" conjures up a simulacrum of one of the other Warriors.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown